diy solar

diy solar

I need a good 36V NMC charger.

Andrewr05

[Replicant 42069]
Could anyone recommend me a good high quality 36v charger?

I am running NMC cells and the charger should either be able to be set to NMC, adjustable to 42V or be factory set at 42V maximum.

I was previously using a 36V golf cart charger that didn't stop at 42V and nearly charged my system to 44V 😬

(read this post for more info)

I put a screenshot below that is my specific cells with voltages and such as well, if that helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207-121319.png
    Screenshot_20240207-121319.png
    91 KB · Views: 1
Also secondary question.

The battery packs that I'm using have different leads for charge and discharge.
How do I go about attaching my shunt to the system in a way in which it can sense that the batteries are charging?

I have it connected to the output of my system and it will tell me when my voltages change and what the amperage draw is on the battery (And then therefore calculate my battery capacity correctly) but after I draw down the battery system and then recharge it, the SOC percentage never goes back up because it's not wired in a way that senses the current coming in.

The separate port BMSs are usually used in E-bikes and such. What is your use?

In general I recommend WATE brand on Aliexpress. The have various chargers for Li-ion, LFP etc. that support a fixed voltage you choose at order.

I have several of them for various battery packs, and they simply work fine.

The separate port BMSs are usually used in E-bikes and such. What is your use?
My packs are reclaimed eBike packs which came with aftermarket BMS' installed.

In general I recommend WATE brand on Aliexpress. The have various chargers for Li-ion, LFP etc. that support a fixed voltage you choose at order.

I have several of them for various battery packs, and they simply work fine.
Okay sweet, I'll take a look at those, thanks for the recommendation.

Definitely a lot of options or there for chargers on AliExpress and Amazon.
I'm just gonna take a swing at one and give it a go.

I already failed the first time by not realizing what I was doing and just buying a normal power supply (which I thought would just work), there goes $90 down the drain unless I can find a buyer for a 40V 30A power supply. 🤣

Also, I may start a new thread, but does anyone have any suggestions on the 2nd question I asked?

Back