diy solar

diy solar

Need some help with Off grid system

Fisherguy66

Hello community,

I moved into a place with an off grid system in April 2022. The system consists of a 48v Magnum Energy MS4448PAE inverter, PT-100 charge controller with ME-BMK battery monitor, ME-ARC remote and ME-AGS generator control. The system originally had lead-acid system when I moved in but was converted to 3 Lynac Solarwall 200Ah 51.2v LiFePo batteries in June 2022. The batteries were installed by an electrician and configured by a solar installer and has been running for a little over a year now. I had little to no knowledge of solar and have winged it till I recently had help discovering how to monitor the system better using the tools that are available for this system in Dec 2023. (current pic of system)
PXL_20240119_191953011.jpg
View attachment 191854
I had no monitoring of this system other than the info screens and led indicators on the Lynac batteries themselves. In Dec.23 the friend discovered a missing component to monitor the system using the Magweb Magnum Energy monitoring. I obtained the component from previous owner and have since been able to use the Magweb site to view real time information of the system. With help from my friend who has his own smaller system, we started to watch what was going on more carefully.
On Jan.17 at 4am in the morning I had a complete shutdown of the system due to low voltage situation. I don't know if it was the BMS on the batts that shut down or the inverter. I'm assuming the batts. I couldn't get the system going again till about 7 hours later when there was enough sun available and I flipped the PV breakers back on (not sure why they had flipped). I had also done a hard reset on the inverter earlier thinking thats what it needed. In any case with the sun and running the generator for 6 hours after I got the batts back up to 100%. I started doing some pictures of the lcd bms status on the batts around this time and noticed an anomoly I'm not sure what to make of.
On Jan 18 while the batts were charging I noticed the #1 batt on far right was sitting at pic 1. 192Ah total capacity with 90.2Ah remaining
Batt1-IMG_20240118_190518.jpg
The other 2 batts respectively were
Batt2-IMG_20240118_190516.jpg
Batt3-IMG_20240118_190511.jpg
The next day on the 19th I noticed the #1 batt had changed quite substantially to 174Ah after it had reached 100% charge.
Batt-1-PXL_20240119_193322182.jpg
I'm a little confused as to how the capacity dropped so much after being charged in one days time. It's continued to stay at this 174 mark ever since while the other 2 batts fluctuate at or over the 200Ah mark. I'm wondering why this batt isn't recovering Ah or is it that it can't anymore maybe due to bad cell or something.
I'm wondering if i should disconnect this battery from the system since its hooked up with comms cables over RS485 and try to charge it on its own to full charge with a 48v lifepo charger and see if it can recover its Ah's.

I'm looking for any help or advice. Thanks everyone.

Welcome. This type post is raw meat for this crowd. 😂

Stand by.

edit-can you noodle around in the menu and find individual cell info?

Yes, I would expect that. But, do main positive and negative come off of the first battery? Or, are there bus bars involved?
Oh yea they all go to 1 connection point and are connected to inverter. Not a bus bar but just bolted together. I should get proper bus bars and make all cables equal lengths I guess.

IMG_20240125_191926.jpg

One connection point? Meaning a bunch of lugs stacked on top of each other?

Are you able to monitor individual cell voltages? Have you contacted the vendor to see what they think about the drop on that one battery?

One connection point? Meaning a bunch of lugs stacked on top of each other?

Are you able to monitor individual cell voltages? Have you contacted the vendor to see what they think about the drop on that one battery?
I have e-mailed Lynac on Jan.25. So far no response.

The battery bms does show the 16 individual cell voltages. I would like to find out exactly which BMS is being used in these. Looks very similar to globelpower bms

I have e-mailed Lynac on Jan.25. So far no response.

The battery bms does show the 16 individual cell voltages. I would like to find out exactly which BMS is being used in these. Looks very similar to globelpower bms
Do you see a significant difference in cell voltages on that battery? Have you tried to isolate that battery from the others to see how it behaves?

Well cell 6 seemed a little off but it has since evened out over time. BMS must be balancing but the Ah have yet to recover.
IMG_20240130_171810.jpg

No I have not isolated the battery yet. I want to speak with the company first.

Back