diy solar

diy solar

Need some opinions/feedback

Sposborn

Hello!

After several months trying to educate myself to the best of my ability… I finally made the jump into buying equipment.

To give context before my questions… my equipment looks (or soon will) look like this: I am having a sincalir skyrack 2.0 installed around the end of this month with 30 405w SEG panels (these are the exact panels https://signaturesolar.com/seg-solar-405w-mono-perc-siv-series-solar-panel-black/). I have 2 EG4 6500ex with the load station that they had on a bundle, also I have one of those new eg4 powerpro LL 14kwh batteries. This is located in a detached garage with a 100a subpanel that ties all the way back into my house with a 60a breaker running off of my 200a main from my utility provider.

Now for equipment I am contemplating buying here to finish my “off grid” setup…

For some reason the idea of having delta pros or the new anker f3800 sounds nice as it is a inverter in itself and would allow me to add a few more panels in a charging array directly plugged into two of either unit to maximize output and serve my house.

My question is does anyone have a good grasp on if the following idea would work: I am looking at wanting to utilize the ~14000w of potential bi-facial electricity coming off my ground mount, to feed into my eg4 6500exs, charge the powerpro LL battery and charge my two Teslas with powershare via wall connectors, that way I can limit the draw at max if both charging at once to 30a and have the other 20-30a load to my house dumping into the delta pros/f3800 anker battery kit. The other part of this is I would want the delta pro or f3800 to act as a inverter/battery system inside of the house, so that would provide the load for my main panel. Would I need a transfer switch if I bought a separate panel, fed my 200a mains into the panel, and just had that grid power charging my delta pros if they got low at night? I would then use one of the smart panel centers that delta has and power the home off of those while having extra solar panels also plugged directly into the delta pro from a tracker that would have 4 of the SEG 405 panels plugged in (2 panels in series for each delta pro). I *think* doing it this way would make the load I would backfeed from the subpanel safe, but maybe there is some other requirement or concept that I am missing, and if so I apologize.

Hopefully this makes sense, my main question is if this seems redundant as you “pay a premium” for the delta pros for being portable, but the option to easily replace that whole unit in my house if it went bad seems easy for me. This also seems to take care of having to tun a ATS since I am only utilizing my grid to charge the delta pros (or effectively have them charge/passthrough from the grid on bad solar days.)

Is this a stupid path to take? I have the option to realistically buy another 14kwh capacity between 2 deltas and extra batteries with smart panel for ~ 8 grand for the house.

Hello!

After several months trying to educate myself to the best of my ability… I finally made the jump into buying equipment.

To give context before my questions… my equipment looks (or soon will) look like this: I am having a sincalir skyrack 2.0 installed around the end of this month with 30 405w SEG panels (these are the exact panels https://signaturesolar.com/seg-solar-405w-mono-perc-siv-series-solar-panel-black/). I have 2 EG4 6500ex with the load station that they had on a bundle, also I have one of those new eg4 powerpro LL 14kwh batteries. This is located in a detached garage with a 100a subpanel that ties all the way back into my house with a 60a breaker running off of my 200a main from my utility provider.

Now for equipment I am contemplating buying here to finish my “off grid” setup…

For some reason the idea of having delta pros or the new anker f3800 sounds nice as it is a inverter in itself and would allow me to add a few more panels in a charging array directly plugged into two of either unit to maximize output and serve my house.

My question is does anyone have a good grasp on if the following idea would work: I am looking at wanting to utilize the ~14000w of potential bi-facial electricity coming off my ground mount, to feed into my eg4 6500exs, charge the powerpro LL battery and charge my two Teslas with powershare via wall connectors, that way I can limit the draw at max if both charging at once to 30a and have the other 20-30a load to my house dumping into the delta pros/f3800 anker battery kit. The other part of this is I would want the delta pro or f3800 to act as a inverter/battery system inside of the house, so that would provide the load for my main panel. Would I need a transfer switch if I bought a separate panel, fed my 200a mains into the panel, and just had that grid power charging my delta pros if they got low at night? I would then use one of the smart panel centers that delta has and power the home off of those while having extra solar panels also plugged directly into the delta pro from a tracker that would have 4 of the SEG 405 panels plugged in (2 panels in series for each delta pro). I *think* doing it this way would make the load I would backfeed from the subpanel safe, but maybe there is some other requirement or concept that I am missing, and if so I apologize.

Hopefully this makes sense, my main question is if this seems redundant as you “pay a premium” for the delta pros for being portable, but the option to easily replace that whole unit in my house if it went bad seems easy for me. This also seems to take care of having to tun a ATS since I am only utilizing my grid to charge the delta pros (or effectively have them charge/passthrough from the grid on bad solar days.)

Is this a stupid path to take? I have the option to realistically buy another 14kwh capacity between 2 deltas and extra batteries with smart panel for ~ 8 grand for the house.
Good luck!!

Why do you want to utilize a lower end product like an EG4? Take a look at Outback's Radian, or maybe Schneider's XW-Pro
EG4’s 12000W output for dual legged setup for the 2100 bucks I bought it for was fairly inexpensive for a first jump into a inverter. I eventually may venture into using those inverters in separate areas of our farm later down the road for heating chicken barns and cow areas.

Back