diy solar

diy solar

need to reduce my solar panel power

percygfx

i got 2 of JA Solar 540W panels (49.6Voc 13.86A)

My inverter is SAKO ISUN 3KW only supports up to 2 x 450W panels. and some people claimed that they fried MPPT board by connecting 2x 540W pannels parallelly to it
(the inverter shows that is capable of using these panels on specs but you can't use them)

right now neither i can change panels nor replace the inverter.

i need temporary solution for at least 3 months. can i cover up panels using a cloth / tape and reduce the power? or burn out the excess power ?

thank you

Ask the mfg if you can run that setup or not. An MPPT worth its salt will current limit itself to stay in its rated power.

Post the PV charger specifications please. Less than 1000w PV input for a 3000w inverts sounds off. Maybe in series the volts would be too high if your max PV input volts was 100vDC, but limited to less than 1000w, I wouldn't expect that.

Ask the mfg if you can run that setup or not. An MPPT worth its salt will current limit itself to stay in its rated power.

Post the PV charger specifications please. Less than 1000w PV input for a 3000w inverts sounds off. Maybe in series the volts would be too high if your max PV input volts was 100vDC, but limited to less than 1000w, I wouldn't expect that.
Screenshot 2022-05-27 210623.png

i bought it because specs seems okay. but people told me not to connect 2x 540 panels

"i bought it because specs seems okay. but people told me not to connect 2x 540 panels" I would ask them to explain why (show you the math). You stated your panels Voc was 49.6v. In parallel that will still be 49.6v, way below 100v max stated in the specs. The spec don't give a max PV watts but the spec says 50amp PV.....so 50ax25v (battery voltage) is 1250watts. Your two 540w panels can only make less than 1100w. You need to hear their case or just go with the specifications. You are within specs in parallel. Note, don't connect in series.

Back