diy solar

diy solar

New 48v Batteries

T2shay

Google Morning,

Had a quick question in regards to charging 4 48v lithium batteries with bms. I'll be picking these batteries up today. I was wondering if I need to fully charge them individually before use? Or can I set them up and hook them up to the current system? So while they will be in use I'll have my generator on until they slowly charge to fill. I use an AIO inverter/charger. These are replacing my old batteries completely. Thanks for the help as always!

Thank you

Good afternoon, so I have 4 new 48v 100ah batteries from Ruixu. Got off work this morning and noticed that the 2 batteries on the bottom of the rack were flashing red. About 10mins later just the bottom one was flashing red and is still flashing red.

After looking into the manual it states it would only flash red alarm on standby, over charging, or over discharging. When I cut off the power from the solar panels, the red light quicks flashing and all is well. However as soon as I reconnect the solar panels the bottom battery starts flashing red again?

Any ideas would be phenomenal as I can't seem to figure out the issue.

Thanks again for all the help, much appreciated

Attachments

• 17049166798975529522619016354166.jpg
    17049166798975529522619016354166.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Describe your solar charging setup, and charger settings as much as possible.

I have 2700w of solar panels. My PV charging current is set at 80a

I'm extremely new to this whole off grid thing. I tried to get everything that would make it as user friendly as possible. So besides what I have my inverter set to in regards to amps charging the batteries what else exactly am I looking for? Sorry again for my lack of knowledge I'm this. Ironically as I'm typing this the light finally turned off. However I don't want a faulty battery or inverter later on

Attachments

• 17049185703464758145325717853825.jpg
    17049185703464758145325717853825.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 11
That's ok, we're all here to learn.

Look for the voltage settings on the charger next. You might need to go to the manual to see how to get to those menus.

That's ok, we're all here to learn.

Look for the voltage settings on the charger next. You might need to go to the manual to see how to get to those menus.1000004448.png1000004447.png
So I've looked at all the voltage settings and what the batteries should be at. However nothing is really standing out in regards to how they are charging. I appreciate that!

I had thought maybe to many volts were coming in but all my settings from what I can tell or lower or exactly what it suggest

Last edited:
It could be that your voltage settings are ok and the batteries came a little out of balance (normal) so a single cell was hitting over voltage.

If that is true then it could sort itself out in a couple charge cycles.

It could be that your voltage settings are ok and the batteries came a little out of balance (normal) so a single cell was hitting over voltage.

If that is true then it could sort itself out in a couple charge cycles.
I appreciate that, is there a program or type of unit to get that can check that out? I've seen people that have there computers set up where each cell is showing a charge and how many cycles they've went through so far. Pretty neat for aure

I appreciate that, is there a program or type of unit to get that can check that out? I've seen people that have there computers set up where each cell is showing a charge and how many cycles they've went through so far. Pretty neat for aure
There should be. Did your Ruixu come with a USB cable? I would assume they have some kind of app for monitoring them from a computer or phone.

There should be. Did your Ruixu come with a USB cable? I would assume they have some kind of app for monitoring them from a computer or phone.
No but I did buy a specific cable so I'll check that out! Thanks again for the help

Back