diy solar

diy solar

New EG4 18kpv Monitoring Site Feature

EG4_Jarrett

Solar Enthusiast
We have just rolled out a new feature, but before we fully implement this, we want your feedback!

Please, read through this guide and then log in to your station and tell us what you think about these working modes.

Link to Guide

The goal here is to build out the system to work in a way that if more efficient, and easiest to use for our end users. Your feedback is going to help us make this the best iteration of the monitoring system yet.

Any feedback you have, please just respond to this post with it so that we can take that feedback and put it to use!

Thank you!

@EG4_Jared

This looks very very cool. Reading the guide now, this really seems to hit a lot of scenarios. Look forward to playing with it.

Can't wait to hear about "Weather Optimize"

So I think I have this right, can you confirm?

From 9 AM to 4 PM, system is in SUB
All other times SBU.

Right?

Basically I don't want to draw from batteries between 9 AM and 4 PM.

All other times, run from Solar then batteries then grid.

new config.png

We have just rolled out a new feature, but before we fully implement this, we want your feedback!

Please, read through this guide and then log in to your station and tell us what you think about these working modes.

Link to Guide

The goal here is to build out the system to work in a way that if more efficient, and easiest to use for our end users. Your feedback is going to help us make this the best iteration of the monitoring system yet.

Any feedback you have, please just respond to this post with it so that we can take that feedback and put it to use!

Thank you!

@EG4_Jared
I got excited, then got disappointed.

It is 3:30 PM.

I have it configured to be in "Backup/AC Charge Mode" until 4.

Shouldn't be pulling from battery.

Pulling.

3PM 2-27.png

In self consumption mode: and as a last resort, as stated uses grid to power loads. Is there now an absolute not to ever back feed the grid?
in this mode?

Last edited:
Bump... Is this new change still active or ongoing? For example the documentation doesn't show that battery backup and AC charge has split up on the setup page. Also I can't make any changes on "Backup Mode". I can't specify the time.

I'm looking forward to more changes to working modes.

Thanks.

Idea #1:
I'd like a setting that is the opposite of peak shaving. I think I can manually set it up but if implemented during specific times of the day it wouldn't be practical to do it manually - every day.

For example, during battery operation, i.e. no solar input, I'd like for the batteries to power up to say 1KW and any demand beyond that is powered by grid input assuming the grid is up. A sample case: from 1am until 8am limit battery output to 1,000 watts.

Thanks.
@Markus_EG4

Idea #2:
Is it possible to supple power to only the 'LOAD' terminals during specific times of the day? It's almost like a grid down situation where nothing is supplied to the GRID terminals yet the LOAD terminals still have power.

In my case I have a critical loads panel with 10 breakers. My batteries can run that panel for days but with supply side taps the system is back feeding another 23 main breakers that really drain the batteries. I'm guessing I could limit inverter AC output to a low value but that doesn't work well in a large house. It'll pull that number continuously unless it's a very high value which defeats the purpose. It's a good feature for time of day use or under pending critical weather conditions. My reason is that outside the CLP I got 15KW heater, 24KW WH, 10KW oven and 5.8KW dryer. Does't take long to drain a battery with those loads but during the day I can power the entire house without much effort. I know my other options are buy more batteries (expensive) and grid-tie (complex and limiting but working on it).

If this is not an option then idea #1 above can serve the same function... kind of.

Thanks.
@Markus_EG4

Back