diy solar

diy solar

New EG4 6000XP Install

@Markus_EG4 @Will Prowse

Just an update to everyone. It appears Markus was able to fix and stop communicating with China. I haven’t traced the routes yet but China isn’t a concern.

I’ve asked Markus how they are handling this globally. Can a firmware update be pushed to change it on the fly, etc. Will update when I get a reply. It was corrected so quick I do not believe it was intentional and do believe there may have been an oversight on some FW.

@Markus_EG4 @Will Prowse

Just an update to everyone. It appears Markus was able to fix and stop communicating with China. I haven’t traced the routes yet but China isn’t a concern.

I’ve asked Markus how they are handling this globally. Can a firmware update be pushed to change it on the fly, etc. Will update when I get a reply. It was corrected so quick I do not believe it was intentional and do believe there may have been an oversight on some FW.
Actually the 6ks have a new dongle we are using now. Your dongle was one of the 20 that had a debugging Software tied to it to make sure everything is working properly here in the USA. The debugging info went back to a Chinese server to analyze. The other 19 dongles either have been updated or will be by Sunday.

Actually the 6ks have a new dongle we are using now. Your dongle was one of the 20 that had a debugging Software tied to it to make sure everything is working properly here in the USA. The debugging info went back to a Chinese server to analyze. The other 19 dongles either have been updated or will be by Sunday.

On my new 6000XP install, the Dongle just flashes green on the lower indicator. Does not function, I set it up with LCD screen. SS is aware. I wonder if I have one of other 19? Waiting for a solution from SS.

On my new 6000XP install, the Dongle just flashes green on the lower indicator. Does not function, I set it up with LCD screen. SS is aware. I wonder if I have one of other 19? Waiting for a solution from SS.
Have you tried Bluetooth and WiFi?

When it flashes on the lower LED (orientation when plugged in) it means it has not been configured to your home WiFi network. You may have already tried this but if not, do this.

Install the EG4 Monitor app on your phone.
Once installed, go to you WiFI settings on you phone, you should see a SSID from the dongle (Dongle serial number). Select that network.
Then open the EG4 Monitor app. Select Dongle Connect.
Once connected, wait until your home WiFi network shows up as a selectable option under HomeWiFi. It your home WiFI doesn't show up, be patient, it took mine a while. Once selected, enter your home WiFi passord.
The dongle should now reboot and connect to your home WiFI network.
Reconnect your phone back to your home Wifi.

You should be go to do from that point.

You won’t find much help with their support on the topic unfortunately. Two techs I talked to basically said they have nothing more than we have in the book.

@Markus_EG4 and @EG4_Jarrett are good help though.

What’s your dongle serial number. Can you pm it to me?

Also we have found the new dongles are not liking certain routers. We are currently getting this issue resolved.

Tried the above, I see the SSID for the dongle and selected it. It shows no internet connection. Getting nowhere with it. I messaged Markus_EG4, and have completed a ticket with SS. We will wait and see……

Tried the above, I see the SSID for the dongle and selected it. It shows no internet connection. Getting nowhere with it. I messaged Markus_EG4, and have completed a ticket with SS. We will wait and see……
Is your phone aggressively switching to a different network? Turn off phone data and/or use Bluetooth.

I am afraid until the dongle has a solid green light, nothing will work. (Or so I’m told by SS) nothing will communicate with it. I tried turning off cellular data, and blue tooth.

Single 6000XP online. So far the EG4 6000XP is supporting the same loads as a Growatt SPF-6000T-DVM-MPV.

Attachments

• 11111112.jpg
    11111112.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot 2023-12-26 20003044444.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-26 20003044444.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot 2023-12-26 195941.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-26 195941.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 60
Looks like that the dongle started communicating with China this morning. I caught it in my non U.S. traffic alert list. not a huge deal but will be blocking this traffic and see what doesn't work. looks like this unit came with the latest firmware.

TimestampProtocolHostnameUsernameClientClient PortServerServer PortBlocked (Firewall)Flagged (Firewall)Rule (Firewall)
12/12/2023 11:03TCP [6]espressifx58275101.43.203.20165000FALSETRUE..
12/12/2023 11:02TCP [6]espressifx58274101.43.203.20165000FALSETRUE..
12/12/2023 11:01TCP [6]espressifx58273101.43.203.20165000FALSETRUE..
12/12/2023 11:00TCP [6]espressifx58272101.43.203.20165000FALSETRUE..

% [whois.apnic.net]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

% Information related to '101.42.0.0 - 101.43.255.255'

% Abuse contact for '101.42.0.0 - 101.43.255.255' is 'tencent_noc@tencent.com'

inetnum: 101.42.0.0 - 101.43.255.255
netname: TENCENT-CN
descr: Tencent Cloud Computing (Beijing) Co., Ltd
descr: Floor 6, Yinke Building, 38 Haidian St, Haidian District
org: ORG-TCCC1-AP
admin-c: TCA15-AP
tech-c: TCA15-AP
abuse-c: AT992-AP
What software/monitoring are you using to catch this? Interested in setting it up myself.

Using a Firewall
Well duh :).

My router has firewall built in (Synology rt2600ac) but I'm not sure it goes to the level that was shown above. That's why I was curious.

Update: looks like it does have detailed logging. I'll look into configuring it!

Back