diy solar

diy solar

New old stock Trace C40 PWM controllers for sale

showme

I have 2 original Trace C40 pwm charge controllers that I acquired when I bought my two Trace SW5548 inverters that I've held onto until I got my system up and running. I bought them, knowing that I would probably never use them (I have a used one from a complete system I'd bought a few years before), but the guy would have been stuck with two pieces of equipment he'd never need, so I bought them. They, like the inverters, were new, never used, in their original shipping boxes with all paperwork included. Also for sale are two remote digital control panels, which can either be used remotely with a 50' cable (not included), or as a replacement face plate for C40 faceplate. The C40's cover uses an LED signal to show the battery level. The remote panel also has digital read out for 'Array/Load Current', 'Resettable Amp-Hours', 'Battery Voltage', and 'Totalizing Amp-Hours'. There is also a 'Reset Amp-Hours' button.

These are true Trace cc's, pre-Xantrex. The boxes are tattered, as were my inverters boxes, but they have been either in the PO's garage or my house since the beginning. There are a few spots on one where the paint is popped up a little, as was the case with my inverters. I asked him when I bought them if they'd ever gotten wet (by the looks of the boxes and the few spots of surface rust). Apparently, when he brought them home a torrential rain storm hit and the boxes got a little wet while moving them into his garage. My inverters work perfectly, and these cc's are clean and have no signs of moisture inside of them, and I trust the seller.

All paperwork that was in the boxes- the user's manuals and the warranty cards- are included. What is pictured is what you get.

I'm asking $150 each for the C40's and $80 each for the remote panels. I'll take $400 for all of it, plus shipping from Park Hills, Missouri, 63601. IMG_20240326_120733084 (1).jpgIMG_20240326_121249727.jpgIMG_20240326_124756577.jpgIMG_20240326_130426987.jpg

I remember those! I have one I bought in the 90's around here somewhere

I believe they're from 1999, but it could be earlier, AlpineJoe.

Sunshine- I have a non-crappy wind generator. You might try one of those instead. But if you ever decide to fulfill your fantasy for a lesser one, I've got a Whisper AirX 400 I'll sell you cheap.

Last edited:
Back