diy solar

diy solar

New Sunpower install - powering on

Promise2832

I have a 13kW Sunpower/Sunvault install and was recently granted PTO by Edison. My installer is not answering my calls and emails, which is typical of my experience with them, and I would like to turn the system on.

The breakers for solar, ESS inverter/PVS6, and ESS grid sense are all off. The Sunvault has two breakers beneath a small access panel on the right side, with the left one off and the right on. I have the hub connected to my home network via ethernet, and it has an IP address, but the Sunpower app is not able to find my system when I attempt to set that up.

I'm assuming that I can just turn these on, which would presumably result in production, but I'm apprehensive about making assumptions with something like this, especially with a battery involved, and was hoping someone here might provide some guidance. Apologies if this is a bit outside the scope of the forum, as this is technically pretty late stage DIY.

Last edited:
Pictures would be very helpful. Typically you would power up the inverter from the batteries before you enable the panels or the main panel connection. However, I don't know much about this unit, so pictures would be helpful.

Hello Promise 2832. My Sister is considering Sunpower for install of a whole home system. You mentioned the installer not responding,
was Sunpower your installer? Or, were the panels Sunpower and your installer a subcontractor? I hope you have resolved your problems
but would appreciate a response as Sunpower is slipping in the stock market and reliability is a major concern for us. Thank you.

Back