diy solar

diy solar

New to building a 24v SPIM08HP battery

mathomas3

Hello all,

Glad to be here... no no... please dont stand up :)

anyway... I have been interested in building a powerwall of sorts for a while now... I have bought tons of batterys... shucked a number of 18650's and I landed on the SPIm08HP as a battery that I would like to build into a powerwall...

My current(first) battery that I currently have setup on the bench is a 7s3p battery that I fully charged using a daly 30a BMS... and today was the first day that I wanted to give it a good test... I bypassed the BMS and directly attached a 1500w inverter and put a load on it with a 1200w heater... the tested started out well and I manually monitored the voltages of the cells closely... after around 40mins the first group of cells started dropping drastically to 1.5v while the other 6 groups of batteries were around 3.56v... I would think that this means that one of the three cells are defective...

Prior to this... I checked all the cells for voltages and separated them based on the voltages... and after 2 weeks I confirmed that they were still at the same voltage... I built the battery pack and charged them to full... and after a week I ran this test... prior to this test the first bank(the one that died much faster then the rest) it tested lower then the other groups of cells...

how might I figure out which of the 3 cells is bad or is this to be expected of batteryhookup batteries and it will smooth out later...

Thank you for reading this much... I look forward to your wise input :)

Hello all,

Glad to be here... no no... please dont stand up :)

anyway... I have been interested in building a powerwall of sorts for a while now... I have bought tons of batterys... shucked a number of 18650's and I landed on the SPIm08HP as a battery that I would like to build into a powerwall...

My current(first) battery that I currently have setup on the bench is a 7s3p battery that I fully charged using a daly 30a BMS... and today was the first day that I wanted to give it a good test... I bypassed the BMS and directly attached a 1500w inverter and put a load on it with a 1200w heater... the tested started out well and I manually monitored the voltages of the cells closely... after around 40mins the first group of cells started dropping drastically to 1.5v while the other 6 groups of batteries were around 3.56v... I would think that this means that one of the three cells are defective...

Prior to this... I checked all the cells for voltages and separated them based on the voltages... and after 2 weeks I confirmed that they were still at the same voltage... I built the battery pack and charged them to full... and after a week I ran this test... prior to this test the first bank(the one that died much faster then the rest) it tested lower then the other groups of cells...

how might I figure out which of the 3 cells is bad or is this to be expected of batteryhookup batteries and it will smooth out later...

Thank you for reading this much... I look forward to your wise input :)
You did good with your choice of cells don't go cheap order the case and bus bars battery hook up got em the very least bolt together with quarter inch nut bolt

Back