diy solar

diy solar

Newbie here Ghof (grey haired old foggie)

Ghof

I'm camped just north of Oberton Nevada and just installed my solar system on my MH. 750 watts, 4 t 105's, Outback 80 mppt controller Xantrex pro 1800 modified sine wave inverter.
Batteries are floating by 9am. One minor issue:
How do I connect the inverter to an outlet for my coffee pot. My brain is fried trying to figure this out.

How do I connect the inverter to an outlet for my coffee pot.
If your inverter does not have a wired output and only receptacles, then you are pretty much limited to moving your coffee pot closer to your inverter or using an extension cord.

If your inverter has wired output, you pretty much need to run a line to the receptacle of your choice (or tap into the line going to it).

Thanks ,the TVs, refrigerator, and 1 outlet in the bedroom run off the inverter, shore power runs everything. I'll try to tap off the outside tv outlet.

Love the acronym! Never head that one before ?

Welcome to the forum!

You could also use a power strip with multiple outlets either plugged into the inverter outlets or hard wired to the inverter. I bought one to use independent of my shore power outlets in a cargo trailer build that has an 8’ cord which was very easy to locate away from the inverter. It also has individual on/off switches for each of the 6 outlets. They are good up to 15 amps and usually have their own surge protector/circuit breaker built in.
This one has a 6’ cord.

Tripp Lite 7 Outlet (6 Individually Controlled) Surge Protector Power Strip, 6ft Cord, Lifetime Limited Warranty & Dollar 25K INSURANCE (TLP76MSG) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068LACFI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lIMHEbXES8D55

My 12v solar installation works great but I need to ask a wiring question. MrNatural22 gave me an idea. My 120v refrigerator works on the inverter and generator or shore power,called appliances on the FUSE panel.. But my microwave next to it is on its own 120v circuit bresker. Can I simply move the microwave circuit20200331_122347.jpg20200331_122522.jpg20200331_122522.jpg20200331_124431.jpg to the fuse panel?

Back