diy solar

diy solar

Newtipower 700$ amazon 48v server rack Lifepo4 teardown (with pictures)

areoseek

Hopefully this helps some people I saw a lot of people questioning whether this was a 16s or 15s battery since it's labeled as 48 volts all around. It does appear to use Grade B or used cells so I would probably spend the extra $300 on a known brand that uses new cells but here are the pictures

1000030279.jpg

Pretty standard Chinese OEM design that we see on a lot of these

1000030287.jpg
Good news, it is at least a 16s, used cells or not that's better than a 15s.

1000030285.jpg

Forgive me I'm quite new to server rack batteries so I'm not familiar with this BMS but here it is

1000030283.jpg
And finally here's a picture of the cells which look like textbook used cells complete with scratched off QR codes and voltage testing labels. They all appear to be within .005 according to the labels at least. I will update this post with a capacity test below once I get around to it. It's going to take me a while because my capacity tester is only 5 amps at 48 volts. I really hope this helps someone, I'm not going to put a link but you can find it on Amazon I'm sure
personally I wouldn't buy it again but I'm not going to go through the hassle of returning it as long as it capacity tests fine.

JBD BMS which is pretty standard. A new JK would have been better, but hey 700usd ...

Assembly "work" looks terrible.

Those pieces of tape to run the wires & garbage bag to protect terminals is a joke. Terminals covers & zip ties cost a few cents ...

diy solar

diy solar
Back