diy solar

diy solar

Server rack battery storage expansion for Ecoflow Delta 2

Dawg1000

I want to expand the storage capacity of my Ecoflow Delta 2 with a 48 volt server rack 100AHr battery connected to the Delta 2's solar input connector. The Delta 2 solar input port has a 60 volt and 15 amp max. I will have a separate charger for the server rack battery. Will this work or what else do I need to do to add this storage capacity to my Delta 2?

I want to expand the storage capacity of my Ecoflow Delta 2 with a 48 volt server rack 100AHr battery connected to the Delta 2's solar input connector. The Delta 2 solar input port has a 60 volt and 15 amp max. I will have a separate charger for the server rack battery. Will this work or what else do I need to do to add this storage capacity to my Delta 2?
I'd put a 20amp breaker between the battery and the EcoFlow unit, but other than that you should have no issues doing this.

SOME people do have issues with certain charge controllers on some Power Stations not liking a constant voltage input through their PV input port, but for every thread on here, or Facebook post, or video on Youtube where someone has had problems I've seen just as many folks having no trouble whatsoever.

The worst case scenario is you have to go buy a 48V inverter to charge via AC (with some losses) and then you have a jumpstart with that 48V battery to create your own DIY system too.

I have a Delta 2 max. Which has two of the solar inputs that the Delta 2 has. I was unable to charge using a 36V battery, input would show the max of 500W for a few seconds then drop to zero. However there's another member here who could get that to work with his Delta mini and a 300W input limit.

However a 24V battery works well, about 380W of input, when using an xt60i cable.

I should have a 48V battery to test with in a few days. As someone mentioned if you add a Phoenix 48/1200 inverter to your 48v battery you could then charge at close to 1000W using the Delta 2 AC input, plus you'll have pass thru functionality. Just tune the AC input limit in the Delta 2 app to not take the Phoenix into overload.

I have a Delta 2 max. Which has two of the solar inputs that the Delta 2 has. I was unable to charge using a 36V battery, input would show the max of 500W for a few seconds then drop to zero. However there's another member here who could get that to work with his Delta mini and a 300W input limit.
Your XT60i isnt configured correctly. I bought one off of Amazon and it wont work at the center pin and the negative are not connected. If you get a proper cable (which I dont have a link to) you can use your 36v batteries.

I am running a similar setup just using a batch of 36v scooter batteries.
I keep my Delta plugged into wall power just in case the ext battery depletes and if it then depletes itself.
Go into your energy settings and set it up like this: (See picture)>
It will use "solar" first, if ext solar disappears , it will then deplete itself to 25%, then use wall power to keep it at 25%.
Once "solar" voltage returns, it will recharge itself to 90% via solar, then disconnect itself from wall power.
*The 17% in the picture is the absolute limit the delta will allow itself to deplete in case you lose solar and wall power.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpeg
    IMG_1042.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 7
I am running a similar setup just using a batch of 36v scooter batteries.
I keep my Delta plugged into wall power just in case the ext battery depletes and if it then depletes itself.
Go into your energy settings and set it up like this: (See picture)>
It will use "solar" first, if ext solar disappears , it will then deplete itself to 25%, then use wall power to keep it at 25%.
Once "solar" voltage returns, it will recharge itself to 90% via solar, then disconnect itself from wall power.
*The 17% in the picture is the absolute limit the delta will allow itself to deplete in case you lose solar and wall power.
Thanks, I played around with the "automations" but they never did anything in reality, looks like that's the secret.

Does your server rack battery have the ability to set its max discharge voltage? If not, you may want to add a low voltage cutoff relay between your battery and the delta.

Back