diy solar

diy solar

There HAS TO be a way? Help please!

mcdonsco

I've got two ecoflow smart panel 2's installed each connected to a single delta pro ultra (so, two of those, battery/inverters) for roughly 12kwh total...no where near enough for our daily usage (all electric, 60'ish kwh winter, 25'ish summer). Will be installing two 4kw arrays but for now I'm tinkering with usage, batteries etc to dial that part in first, planned on having to fork out a bunch for more batteries over the next year or so.

But, I also just happened to replace my truck with an f150 lightning and though I didn't buy it for this purpose (alone) I would love to be able to use its capacity instead of buying more batteries.

I know I can get the sunrun system, but then I'd have a boat load of cash lost on the ecoflow system and it's considerable installation cost (smart panels, new main panel etc). So, unless the sunrun system can tie in with / work with the ecoflow system that ones out (if it can, willing to do it, but...ugh).

My plan is (was?) to have the truck charge overnight at the significantly cheaper rates and take in solar via the smart panels during the day when possible (ultras would have first dibs at solar though for direct to the home use). Basically tell the truck to charge below x amount, while it's charging batteries using it's pro power onboard inverter generator.

My initial thought was the ecoflow generator cable adapters and while they "fit" they don't work & ecoflow support is useless (just reading the screen in front of them, no experience/knowledge whatsoever). Truck reports ground fault and won't keep bed outlets on...fixed that by removing ground pin, no more error from the truck and stayed powered, but ecoflow shp2's wouldn't light up the port it was connected to).

So I gave up on using the 30a nema 30r port and moved on to the 110's.

I have a couple delta pros I picked up a while back for our adu & trailer so I figured, what about charging the trailer one from the truck, it can then act as essentially a buffer recharging and discharging at the same time over to the ultras topping them up.

I figured, "ecoflow to ecoflow" (with tt-30p /nema 30r adapter I had to order) it *should*(?) work. Truck was able to charge the delta pro just fine from 110 at around 1.5kw but while the delta pro stayed AC on when connected to the smart panel, the panel never lit up the AC port it was connected to. Same problem as direct from truck.

Checked and rechecked generator settings..all good there, 3.6 gen, 1.8 ac flow, single phase.

I just can't get the panel to see anything connected to it but the ultras?

There's gotta be a way to do this, no?

Only thing I can think of is to have electrician install two generator inlets directly tied one to each of the smart panels directly, no use of the front ports then plug the truck into a y adapter each end to those ports...but, would it work? And, can the panels even be wired that way, from inside door diagram seems like it can?

Would prefer to not have to spend the money on the electrician (again) just to find it still doesn't work.

ANY and all help would be greatly appreciated!

I would say your starting point would be calculating the needs of all your loads. Once you have that calculated at a worse case scenario, you'll be able to calculate how much production of energy you'll need. It would seem you have a lot of moving parts in your post that would need to be broken down one at a time. Sometimes on this site it's best to approach these "parts" one at a time:)

Are you trying to charge the truck?
Or are you trying to use the truck generator output to tie into the delta pro?

Actually the first mistake is where you clipped a ground connection - you should fix that back like it was.

What little I know about the ecoflow is that they have adapters for everything and every configuration of their product. If you try to skip those adapters and come up with something on your own you will most likely fry the ecopro. (of course from some of the descriptions that happens on its own) The other tidbit is that they unit-to-unit connections aren't a standard configuration for the type plug they are so they are only good for the ecoflow adapters.

Back