diy solar

diy solar

Noobie wanting to get started.

D.G.

Hi , I have been slowly acquiring components to start to supplement my rv's power system . IDK if what I have so far will let me go "off grid " but I would like to see if the parts will work together before starting to just hook everything up and see what happens. I have a FR Vibe 272 bhs that is " pre wired for solar" . I have purchased 3x 250w Newpowa rigid 12v panels , a Victron 100/50 mppt charge controller, a Victron 500v smartshunt ,a bmv 712 monitor, a Bluesea 50a breaker, a solar control shutoff sealed box , and a Power Queen 200ah lipo battery that has a 200a bms in it. The rv's breaker panel is a WFCO WF-8955PEC, and is connected to a WFCO WF-9855 converter . At this point, I feel I'm ready to begin my Fall project that I hope to have completed and working before she (rv) gets covered up for the Winter . I have many questions that I have been researching the answers to , but have been reluctant to get my application's exact answers to , so here I am . Will these all work together ? Will I need to supplement my rv's power with a generator when I use the a/c system ? Will I be kept up at night when the solar has stopped charging my battery and the WFCO charger takes over ? I would only be using maybe a TV,DVD player, and a light or two at night- and the fridge of course, which is a Norcold N10 DCX 12v, and 115v capable through the inverter . The rv's pre wiring has been found behind the control center's panel and seems to be the 10ga minimum required to properly run to my controller , but the location (or the wires that are pre-stripped) for the controller are not favored by the wife ( she doesn't like seeing wires!) plus everything I've seen and watched , and according to Victron, my controller should be 'as close as possible to the battery'. I really don't want to have to demo my rv just to hook up my system , I realize this has become quite long and probably too extensive for all that I have asked , but I'm a fan of better safe than smoked ! (Plus this stuff is $ !) Thank you for your time & patience! D.G.

Attachments

• 20230827_091839.jpg
    20230827_091839.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Back