diy solar

diy solar

Octopus Agile prices on their app differ from Solis app prices

Mozzer67

The unit pricing over the course of the day in my Octopus app often vary significantly from the graph of pricing displayed in my Solis app and I’m not sure which one is more likely to be correct.
I am mainly looking for the cheapest 2-3 hours to charge my 14kw PHEV battery.
Logically, I would expect Octopus to be more likely to be correct, but it seems to update/refresh more erratically than the Solis app so I’m not sure.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8218.jpeg
    IMG_8218.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8219.png
    IMG_8219.png
    440.5 KB · Views: 3
Octopus are your electric company, I'd imagine their figures are correct.. that's what you're going to pay.

Solis just make the inverter, their app is guessing

Very strange your unit rate change that wildly throughout the day , must be the plan your signed up to

On that octopus graph , looks like you should charge between 1pm and 4pm

Also there might be another sweet spot in the middle of the night ?

Octopus are your electric company, I'd imagine their figures are correct.. that's what you're going to pay.

Solis just make the inverter, their app is guessing

Very strange your unit rate change that wildly throughout the day , must be the plan your signed up to
Yes, it the Octopus Agile variable tariff, changes every half hour. At present ranges from zero occasionally (when very windy) to 33p per kw. But don’t know how bad it might get in the winter.

Just about to go onto the Agile tariff myself. Got the integration updated into our inverter (LuxPower) so it should all be fairly automated

Back