diy solar

diy solar

Odd behavior this morning from optimized string of 9 panels

dfw_dude

Hi all - had my system up for a few weeks, been running flawlessly and as expected so far. It's already had a little trial by fire, from the storms we had roll through TX that caused grid power to go down for 30+ hours, solar+battery carried me through just fine :)

This morning - I saw my main string sitting oddly low in Volts/watts for the time of day. I'll usually see production trickling in and starting up around 630am, and by 830am it was still only 100W / ~110V (9x 370W aptos bifacial panels, all with Tigo optimizers on them)

Pic attached - I decided to "reboot" the strings by flipping the PV cutoff on my EG4 6000XP, after a couple of minutes, flipped it back on, and instantly the voltages and wattage jumped to what's expected for that time of day (250V+ and roughly 1000W of power at the time)

Is there any rhyme or reason why a string of panels with optimizers would have a bit of a spaz moment like that? And why the only thing that seemed to kick it into gear was cycling the PV input switch on the inverter/controller?

Attachments

• hwFgQJD.jpg
    hwFgQJD.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 5
The likelyhood of 9 optimisers having the same fault develop all at the same time is remote. I would be looking at the inverter, one issue could be sticky relays on the DC side before looking at the optimisers or an high resistance joint in the DC wiring.

The likelyhood of 9 optimisers having the same fault develop all at the same time is remote. I would be looking at the inverter, one issue could be sticky relays on the DC side before looking at the optimisers or an high resistance joint in the DC wiring.
Will give the wiring a check - whole system/setup has only been online for perhaps 3 weeks full time at this point? Yesterday was bright/sunny and had zero issues, production picked up at the expected time with expected voltages. Thank you for the input :)

diy solar

diy solar
Back