diy solar

diy solar

Off Grid build -> Grid Tie first build

pilotguy12

Posting here for anyone to check my work. This is my very first system build. I am located in Las Vegas. My long term goal is to power a 4 bedroom house, charge two electric cars, and have a backup battery to power the house for two days. I want to build it over time. I am in a rental now and cannot connect the system directly to the grid so it’ll start as an off grid system. However, I want all the parts to be UL rated since it will eventually tie to the grid when I purchase a house. Let me know what you think! It’s a long term build so I’m focusing on quality of products, longevity, and ability to scale.

My first goal is to be able to charge one electric car at 220v 70 miles a day. After that, I’d like to build it large enough to power everything listed above.

Here is my build list so far:

1.)Refurbished | EG4 18KPV Hybrid Inverter | All-In-One Solar Inverter | 18000W PV Input | 12000W Output | 48V 120/240V Split Phase | EG4 18KPV-12LV - Signature Solar

2.) Aptos 370W Bifacial Solar Panel (Black) | Up to 480W Bifacial Gain | DNA-120-BF26-370W

3.) EG4-LifePower4 Lithium Battery | 48V 100AH | 5.12kWh Solar Battery | Server Rack Battery

4.) Revolutionary Lightning Fast Solar Module Racking Systems

Build Specs:

4000 watt array (11 panels)

20kwh battery (4 batteries)

Due to budget, I’d like to start small. Maybe one battery with several panels and add more as time progresses and my budget allows. I’ll also do the integra rack with the ballast mounts for now. As a newbie I’m sure there might be a lot I am missing since I don’t know what I don’t know! Thank you for any advice or input!

diy solar

diy solar
Back