diy solar

diy solar

Off Grid device with easy data output

charliekiwi

Hi all,

I've got an off grid hqst 40amp controller setup. I'm looking to replace my device with one that's easy to get data from for something like home assistant locally.

I've done a bit of searching and really don't know what's good and where to start. Does anyone have any recommendations on brands or projects that aren't too programming orientated?

My rig is only 1kw with a 24v setup at the moment. Nothing too crazy

Would love to pull the data into my local sql database if possible.

Edit: Have tried to find ways to get another integration to replace the charge 2.0 app, but can't seem to find too much. The controller itself (hqst) is great, but finding ways to get the data out seems to be hard to do. My challenge is that'd I'd like this to be off grid, so no internet/cloud access

I have a epever mppt controller that was fairly easy to set up with esphome and is kinda officially supported but there are many many more out there it's just a matter of finding them on GitHub.
I did a quick search for hqst but couldn't even find a breakdown of the modbus registers so you either take the task on and decode it yourself or go with something more popular like victron, easun, epever or a few others.

Wel Victron.
Its full programma and you can use a pc to track it all.

Epever do have a bluetooth box and you can Program with a pc and read out.

Renogy do the same like epever (looks like internal same brand)

Other company i do not know.
Not look in to other brands personal.
I'm over pay for something and it works.

diy solar

diy solar
Back