diy solar

diy solar

Off-Grid Solar Solutions for Home in TX – Axia by Qcells vs. BLUETTI Solar+?

dwright

Hello all.

Here's the situation: I live in Decatur, TX and would like to install an off-grid solar system at home, mainly to cut down on the electricity bills. I've been in touch with some installers and I'm currently choosing between two brands:

One is Qcells—they're big shots in the solar market but their prices are not very wallet-friendly. The other is Bluetti—they have an offer where you purchase solar panels and get a storage battery system for free.

Bluetti's website claims: "BLUETTI Solar+ is an all-in-one solution that has everything you need to make solar energy accessible to your home. From equipment to consulting, financing, installation, service, and beyond. We take care of the solar switch from A to Z with premium service. You only need to deal with one app, one brand, and one personal project manager (PPM)." I took the test, and it looks like can really save quite a bit of time and money.
Screenshot.jpg

Before making a final decision, I'd love to hear some opinions on these two companies, or if you've got suggestions for other brands that are worth considering. Thanks a lot

Start with a lot more homework.
Post a copy of your electric bill showing usage charts / totals with personal info edited.
Spend some time on suncalc. Org and pv watts. Gov.

Q Cells make excellent panels and are pushing to have true made in USA panels.

If that's the bluetti that makes portable units you'll save a pile of money avoiding them for anything large scale...

I'd recommend high voltage strings to an AIO hybrid inverter, grid backup with no sell back, dump your excess power into batteries that you can easily expand.
I'd also DIY as much as possible so you are familiar with it and are able to fix it when you need it most.

North is up in your photo, correct?

Welcome to the forum.

Back