diy solar

diy solar

On-grid without battery Deye connects and quickly disconnects with F56 Fault

chehayed

Hello,

I am facing a problem with my current set.

Setup:
Deye 5kW inverter
Only GRID port connected
No Battery is available. The option "No Battery" is selected in Battery settings page.
Lower voltage limit of grid is 170 Volts, Upper voltage is 260 Volts
Lower frequency limit of grid is 47.5 Hz, Upper frequency is 52.5 Hz.
The inverter operates as on-grid only and feeds back power to grid.

Problem:
If the grid voltage is less than 210 Volts and the inverter was originally offline, the inverter tries to connect and as soon as it connects it quickly disconnects with F56 fault. This scenario keeps on repeating and with the same result. Even though the grid voltage is within the tolerances settings, it doesn't connect with this weird alarm. Note that this happens even in the middle of the day with sunshine on the panels so irradiance is not an issue.

Normal situation:
When the grid voltage is above 210 Volts, lets say 215V.. 220V.. 225V.. etc, the inverter connects to grid normally and smoothly and operates properly and stays connected even if the voltage drops below 210 Volts as long as it is within the tolerances.

Appreciate your opinions

Thank you

If you have no battery and try to run the Deye ongrid: when the grid falls out it WILL give you an F56 error which is too low discharge value registered under battery to try to carry your load in that moment.
Ofc, you do not have batteries...
If the PV is not enough to carry your load when the grid loadshedds for fall off which I reckon happens often in your area...the inverter will stop and show an F56 error.
You should really install some batteries...that means 2 of them (5.1kWh) if you want to carry a load of up to 5kW.

I am not commenting on you selling power to the grid in such a situation. And also not looking at the unstable and very fluctuating grid.
The batteries are also there to take over from the grid if that falls out when you are trying to run a load in your house.

Just my 2 cents.

If you have no battery and try to run the Deye ongrid: when the grid falls out it WILL give you an F56 error which is too low discharge value registered under battery to try to carry your load in that moment.
Ofc, you do not have batteries...
If the PV is not enough to carry your load when the grid loadshedds for fall off which I reckon happens often in your area...the inverter will stop and show an F56 error.
You should really install some batteries...that means 2 of them (5.1kWh) if you want to carry a load of up to 5kW.

I am not commenting on you selling power to the grid in such a situation. And also not looking at the unstable and very fluctuating grid.
The batteries are also there to take over from the grid if that falls out when you are trying to run a load in your house.

Just my 2 cents.
Dear LydMekk

The grid always falls off and it is not an issue. The inverter shuts down and is normal also.
It is not the problem that i am having.

Ill put it in another way. Lets say the grid falls off and comes back again.

If the grid comes back with a voltage less than 210volts the inverter connects and quickly disconnects and this is the problem i am facing. It keeps trying to connect but fails.

If the grid comes back with a Voltage above 215volts the inverter connects and operates properly.

I dont feed any load from the inverter, just the grid, so the panels capacity doesnt really matter because the grid is feeding all the load

Back