diy solar

diy solar

Opinion on Ampere Time Self-Heating

Hi,

I'm about the purchase my batteries... I'm wondering about Ampere Time. They have self-heating options of different capacity. I leave in Canada and we have pretty harsh winters. So the self-heating option seems good. Does anyone use their self-heating batteries and how did you find they perform in cold weather (for charging). Does the self-heating actually works.

Thank you

From what i understand the heating function only works when the battery is under a charge load. If you don't have it on charge it can still freeze at zero and below. I'm sure others will know more than me. Also if it has BT you need to maybe alter the UTP setting if its available.

yeah but all you have to do to warm it up is apply power to it which will turn on the heaters.
My solar Victron mppt and battery sense say it will stop charging at 5⁰c to protect the battery and to change it I need to set it too a custom profile instead of pre set for lifepo4. What temperature do self heating batteries kick in at I wonder, is there a standard temp?

From what i understand the heating function only works when the battery is under a charge load. If you don't have it on charge it can still freeze at zero and below. I'm sure others will know more than me. Also if it has BT you need to maybe alter the UTP setting if its available.
I will freeze yes; I don't mind that too much. What I want though is that they warm up before allowing to charge. If that's what they do, I'm happy. My question was more about are they reliable, is the BMS reliable and will the electronic do what it's supposed to do.

Back