diy solar

diy solar

Optimizing Solar PV

Azeem

I have 540w Canadian solar panels isntalled on roof connected to GoodWe 10kw GT inverter.
I have recently added 3 more panels 550watts and the new configuration is 12+11 on PV1 and PV2 respectively.

The attached screenshot of monitoring app of inverter shows voltage and current specification, Does this voltage discrepancy between two PVs represent the current configuration proprtionately? Or can I optimize it to harvest more solar?
I have compared this with a similar 20 panel setup in my neighbourhood and can only see 10% gain on my set up than neighbours, does this seem normal?

Thanks

Attachments

• solar gen.png
    solar gen.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 7
The MPPT charge controller is supposed to optimize voltage and current to produce the maximum power. As far as I know its a fixed algorithm with no user adjustable settings.

What is the Azimuth and Tilt of your neighbors system, is it exactly the same as yours? If not the 10% comparison is not valid.

Thanks and it makes sense. I have a question though about voltage difference between the two strings, is it proportionate with respect to panels?

Those panels are different- what are the specs of each of the two different panels:
Vmp _____
Imp ______

They are probably close enough that it won’t matter, but it may make sense to have only one type on one string and a mix on the other.

Thanks. The way the installer has done it on original 10+9 setup has become 12(10x540 and 2x550) + 11(10x540 and 1x550).

We've asked multiple times about wattage because there are different ways to achieve the same wattage, with different electrical characteristics.

The large voltage differences between the 11 and 12 is unexpected. Either there is shading or they are different cell arrangements internally.

Back