diy solar

diy solar

Overkill Solar now carries a 16S (48V) version of the JBD Smart BMS

Dzl

Unofficial Forum Librarian & Perpetual Newbie
Staff member
I was on the Overkill Solar site for unrelated reasons, and noticed they now offer a 16S BMS (100A)---A welcome surprise!

This fills out their lineup, now they have:
12v 120A (JBD-SP04S020)
24V 100A
(JBD-SP10S009)
48V 100A (JBD-SP25S003)

All feature symmetrical charge/discharge current limits. After just a brief glance, it looks like the 48V version will have a similar feature set to its lower current cousins.

*based on the serial number it looks like the 48V model could potentially be used on up to 72V packs if anyone were so inclined. Not sure if this is possible in practice.

Sexy!

When will these be available for 3.7V chemistry?
When enough people bug him about it to make it worth his while ?
edit: nvm, he doesn't want to encourage the crazies ?

But what you seek exists.

Last edited:
I was on the Overkill Solar site for unrelated reasons, and noticed they now offer a 16S BMS (100A)---A welcome surprise!

This fills out their lineup, now they have:
12v 120A (JBD-SP04S020)
24V 100A
(JBD-SP10S009)
48V 100A (JBD-SP25S003)

All feature symmetrical charge/discharge current limits. After just a brief glance, it looks like the 48V version will have a similar feature set to its lower current cousins.

*based on the serial number it looks like the 48V model could potentially be used on up to 72V packs if anyone were so inclined. Not sure if this is possible in practice.
Just noticed that myself! This is awesome!
I have my 16 Calb batteries ready for a 48v setup and looking to purchase the MPP LV-6548 Inverter/Charger. Ready to start building the system and will upload information once everything is purchased for the build... Things are moving a bit slow with Covid and the holidays.

Happy New Year all!

I expect I can use a 48V 100A (JBD-SP25S003) bms on a 280ah/48v pack if my charger is less than 100A. Yes?

I looked at manual quickly. It looks very nice. I will print out and study in detail.

I expect I can use a 48V 100A (JBD-SP25S003) bms on a 280ah/48v pack if my charger is less than 100A. Yes?

I looked at manual quickly. It looks very nice. I will print out and study in detail.
So long as maximum continuous current (in or out) is lower than the rating of the BMS (plus whatever safety margin you choose to leave) you should be good to go. In practice, many people find the discharge current is the limiting factor not the charge current but that depends on your situation

wow,that was fast.i placed my order with overkillsolar on tuesday,got my 8s BMS with the new bolt on board,not wires,i am liking that.and 4 more lifepo4 cells 2 hours ago.
just awesome.

I'm curious if anyone has looked at the 200 amp JBD BMS variant. I was considering two of these BMSs for my 48V system using 2x LV6548 (6500W) inverters and 32x 280AH LiFePo4 battery banks.

I have not looked into it, just clicked through your link though. At first glance, it appears to be the non-smart/non-configurable version, is that your impression as well?

Screenshot_2021-01-17 High Quality Lifepo4 Battery 16s Bms 200a 48 Volt Bms For Lifepo4 Batter...png

Yeah it appears that the protection voltage is not adjustable, so it isn't a "smart BMS". The over discharge of 2.3V is too low for my purposes.

Reactions: Dzl
I'm curious if anyone has looked at the 200 amp JBD BMS variant. I was considering two of these BMSs for my 48V system using 2x LV6548 (6500W) inverters and 32x 280AH LiFePo4 battery banks.

Exactly what I want to do. Already have one 6548, the Heltec 14-24s 200a 2a active balance BMS with bluetooth and app, and am waiting for the first set of 16 x 280ah Lishen cells. Trying one out first, if all good, I will mirror it. Has anyone seen issues with shunting together 2 x 16s 280ah strings to the MPP Inverters? I would love to see the inverter parameter settings for that! Especially for the LV6548. Both Heltec/JBD and MPP solar manuals have a lot to be desired.

wow,that was fast.i placed my order with overkillsolar on tuesday,got my 8s BMS with the new bolt on board,not wires,i am liking that.and 4 more lifepo4 cells 2 hours ago.
just awesome.
Have you used the bolt holes on this BMS and did you find bolts and lugs as good as a soldered connection? Thanks much for any info here.

Back