diy solar

diy solar

Parallel 3 blocks of 16S EVE cells? best option

dekin01

HI guys
I have ordered 48 numbers EVE cells and 3 separate JK BMs 200A. I am just thinking of the best option to connect the 48 cells to the inverter
I have attached the configuration for the 48V cells arrangement. I prefer the option 2 or rather thats the only possible scenario available to me for this instance
- Make 16S block and build 3 blocks each and parallel them to a busbar? Cables from the inverter will also be connected to the busbar
Your feedback is kindly appreciated

thanks

16S3P BLOCK_001.jpg

I would simply set up 3 separate batteries with their own BMS, f.ex. JK with auto balancing.
If something happens 2 will still work.
Never a good idea to lay all your eggs in one basket ^^

Below are two Templates for Component or AIO configs.
The 2nd stype BLOCK format is the most common, the 3rd party cases you see listed are intended for this cell layout because of compactness.
Each 48V/16S get's it's own BMS which is then fused (external to battery) and set in parallel.
As I discussed in the guide, it is essential for battery cables from pack to busbars, to main system be very close in length.
Keep Battery Cables TOGETHER ! This reduces EMF as DC will create EM Noise (ask any HAM operator).
See links in my signature for guides and more (that includes the Luyuan Guide I wrote for them)

Parallel System-setup PNG.png
1692884562906.png

O
The 2nd stype BLOCK format is the most common, the 3rd party cases you see listed are intended for this cell layout because of compactness.
Each 48V/16S get's it's own BMS which is then fused (external to battery) and set in parallel.
As I discussed in the guide, it is essential for battery cables from pack to busbars, to main system be very close in length.
Keep Battery Cables TOGETHER ! This reduces EMF as DC will create EM Noise (ask any HAM operator).
See links in my signature for guides and more (that includes the Luyuan Guide I wrote for them)

View attachment 164335
View attachment 164336
Ok Steve
Your diagram two seems to be the best optimal solution for my case
Thanks for this

View attachment 164335
View attachment 164336
Pardon my ignorance, you reference your “guide”
Is this downloadable somewhere? Seems useful

Pardon my ignorance, you reference your “guide”
Is this downloadable somewhere? Seems useful
I believe signatures are not shown to viewers on phones or something in the default user settings.

There is also more info in the download than on the printed version enclosed with Luyuan's cells.

Back