diy solar

diy solar

Pinging SignatureSolar Team: Schneider and EG4 Battery Integration Question

Old_Skewler

Solar Enthusiast
Hello @JacksonSolar & @SignatureSolarJames & @Markus_SignatureSolar

I have a running setup with a Schneider SW Inverter + InsighHome + (1) EG4 Battery. Setup was properly connected to InsightHome and correctly showing EG4 BMS device:

BMS_01.png

Yesterday we received (2) more EG4 batteries straight from SignatureSolar (yeah!). Batteries have been properly balanced and connected in parallel via busbar. Everything good on the power front. I daisy-chained the (3) batteries with the provided ethernet cables and set devices as #0, #1 & #2 via device pins.

But when I connect to InsightHome the device seems to be OFFLINE:

BMS_02.png

I need to understand two things:

1. why is it offline when I connect all (3) batteries to the InsightHome?

2. what is the correct way this should be seen under InsightHome: one "SEMB_BMS" device for each battery OR still one "SEMB_BMS" device showing (3) batteries?

It is not clear to me if I need to ADD (2) new devices under InsightHome OR if I should see all (3) batteries under one device.

Thanks in advance with any pointers!

I have a running setup with a Schneider SW Inverter + InsighHome + (1) EG4 Battery. Setup was properly connected to InsightHome and correctly showing EG4 BMS device:

View attachment 150380

Yesterday we received (2) more EG4 batteries straight from SignatureSolar (yeah!). Batteries have been properly balanced and connected in parallel via busbar. Everything good on the power front. I daisy-chained the (3) batteries with the provided ethernet cables and set devices as #0, #1 & #2 via device pins.

View attachment 150381

2. what is the correct way this should be seen under InsightHome: one "SEMB_BMS" device for each battery OR still one "SEMB_BMS" device showing (3) batteries?

It is not clear to me if I need to ADD (2) new devices under InsightHome OR if I should see all (3) batteries under one device.

Hello,
You will see all 3 batteries under one device. Also, can you provide me with which batteries you are using? If it's the LL batteries you will want to turn the master on last. I would also recommend researching rs485 devices. Make sure that you are using the master ID as well, and if they are the LL batteries we may need a firmware update for this. If you could message me or reply back with your email address if this does not help then I can have one of our technicians reach out to you to get you up and running.

@Travis_signaturesolar

Thanks for the prompt reply. Right now I only see one battery (the existing one) under the "SEMB_BMS" device.

All (3) batteries are EG4 LifePower4 batteries. And they all have the same firmware update @JacksonSolar posted in the forums last year - if you search for his posts you'll find the thread. This firmware update made it possible for me to connect my existing EG4 LP4 battery to my InsightHome last year.

Your post has not helped yet. I have a LP4 and not LL batteries. PM sent with email/phone number.

Hello,
You will see all 3 batteries under one device. Also, can you provide me with which batteries you are using? If it's the LL batteries you will want to turn the master on last. I would also recommend researching rs485 devices. Make sure that you are using the master ID as well, and if they are the LL batteries we may need a firmware update for this. If you could message me or reply back with your email address if this does not help then I can have one of our technicians reach out to you to get you up and running.
"If it's the LL batteries you will want to turn the master on last."

How are your customers supposed to know this? Magic?

Please post detailed instructions on how to connect EG4-LL batteries to Schneider Inverters using Insight Home or in my case, Insight Facility.

If you have posted it, please send a link.

Thank you.

@Olds

View attachment 150380

View attachment 150381

I noticed you mentioned using device ID's 0,1,2 on the DIP switches. You'll want to change that to 0,2,3. #1 is unavailable on the bus, as it's already used for a different purpose. When done, you shouldn't need to do anything "special" in the insight device. you'll still only see "1" BMS, but you'll notice it has a higher charge/discharge and capacity rating when you click on the BMS. for 3 units, you'll see around 150A for Maximum charge current, as an example (50A per battery, 3 batteries)

Let me know if that helps!

Hello,
I am confused. I purchased 2 EG-LL V1 and was told that NONE of the EG4 batteries could be used in closed loop configuration with the Schneider SW series so I am merely running it using voltage settings with an ATS. I just ordered an EG-LL V2 to fill up my 3-slot rack. So, can I connect the eg-ll (2) as master and then be able to use a closed loop configuration with my insight home? I am using a the MPPT charge controller to charge batteries daily but rarely use the inverter charge function to top up batteries. I was told by solar signature tech after my order shipped that NONE of the EG4 batteries could communicate with the schneider sw series but I see here that it does though mine is NOT the 4048 but the SW 4024 though my MPPT charger supports the XW series. It would be great if I could do closed loop.

I am confused. I purchased 2 EG-LL V1 and was told that NONE of the EG4 batteries could be used in closed loop configuration with the Schneider SW series so I am merely running it using voltage settings with an ATS. I just ordered an EG-LL V2 to fill up my 3-slot rack. So, can I connect the eg-ll (2) as master and then be able to use a closed loop configuration with my insight home? I am using a the MPPT charge controller to charge batteries daily but rarely use the inverter charge function to top up batteries. I was told by solar signature tech after my order shipped that NONE of the EG4 batteries could communicate with the schneider sw series but I see here that it does though mine is NOT the 4048 but the SW 4024 though my MPPT charger supports the XW series. It would be great if I could do closed loop.
Check the eg4 site for battery firmware that supports Schneider.

I bought the 2 eg4-ll v1 batteries just over a month ago and I was set to download the firmware but when the tech searched for it he was told that NONE of the Schneider SW series inverters would work with any of the EG4 batteries in a closed loop configuration (I ordered the insight home for this purpose) so I was NOT provided with the necessary firmware update and was told I could return my order if closed loop was a deal breaker but I decided to just use voltage settings via an ATS to turn the system on and off from grid though the insight shows it as a generator and not the grid. My deceased husband set everything up so not sure why everything is setup the way it is.

Yes, as long as you have a LL v2, as the "master" battery, it can do closed loop with the insight home.. and communicate with the other batteries. You'll need the latest firmware on the batteries, as well as the insight home.

Yes, as long as you have a LL v2, as the "master" battery, it can do closed loop with the insight home.. and communicate with the other batteries. You'll need the latest firmware on the batteries, as well as the insight home.
where can I get the latest firmware I can't find it on signature solar or eg4 site. I saw a mention on the forum but can't find the firmware.

Back