diy solar

diy solar

Pinout for Xantrex Prowatt remote port?

sbsyncro

I have a Xantrex Prowatt 2000 inverter in my camp trailer and I'd like to wire up a wireless key fob remote. I just need to know the pinout of the RJ11 remote on/off port. I can't find anything online; I've reached out to Xantrex but have not hear anything back yet. Does anyone have an idea of what two pins need to be switched to turn the inverter on and off?

don't think I can help sorry, but have you got photo of the inverter & port, ?
It uses a standard RJ11 port and a telephone extension cable. As far as I can tell there are three elements to the remote - the on/off switch (which probably just ties two pins together), an LED status light that comes on when the two wires are joined and the system is "on", and a lead for an ignition lock-out, which I have to assume controls the operation of the on/off to only join the two wires for the on/off when power is sensed at the red lead. (there is a dip switch on the back of the remote to enable/disable this capability)/

218663-xantrex-xan-8089001-sine-wave-inverter-ppm.tif
xantrex_prowatt_sw_2000_face-1024x395.jpg

Ah ! Those remote on/off switches are pretty universal, you might be able to find something suitable off the shelf

Ah ! Those remote on/off switches are pretty universal, you might be able to find something suitable off the shelf

Yes, indeed - I already have a wireless fob, but it just has bare wires; I'm trying to figure out which leads to tie to in order to switch the unit on/off. If someone has a remote they could easily test the pins for continuity with the switch "on". In fact I may buy one on Amazon for this purpose and then return it unused. I hate to do that, thus my post here hoping someone might have the answer. ;-)

OK I just figured it out through some trial and error. Plugging a standard RJ11 telephone extension cord into the Xantrex remote port, here's what I got:

If you jumper between pins 5 (yellow) and 3 (red) momentarily, it will switch the inverter ON (you do NOT need to maintain the connection). During the time that the Xantrex is powered on, battery voltage is supplied to pins 2 (black -) and 4 (green +). This latter could be used to power an LED light to indicate that the unit is powered on.

My plan is to use this remote unit in "jog" mode to make the momentary connection between pins 5 & 3 so that I can turn the inverter on/off while I'm up in the roof top tent of my camp trailer.

Back