diy solar

diy solar

PIP – 1012LV-MS not charging battery fully

Ap70

I am running into a problem with my PIP – 1012LV-MS not charging my 200amh Zooms 12.8v battery to 100%. I followed Wills directions on his website, but when I plug in the all in one to shore, it will only charge the battery to 13.4v. The battery CV voltage is at 14.6. Is there a setting that I need to change? My settings are almost identical to Wills on his website. Anyone that can help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Attachments

• 9CC3814F-3EB4-4DE3-A658-487FD1669992.jpeg
    9CC3814F-3EB4-4DE3-A658-487FD1669992.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 6
I had similar issues when first using my 1012. Don't remember the exact details. But, I think after cycling the battery a few times, it sort of straightened out. ?‍♂️

Hopefully it will straighten out. Have you came across the problem of the battery and 1012 dying and there is not enough charge to power on the 1012 to start charging the battery? I have to use my dc to dc charger to jump start the battery so the 1012 can turn on and start charging the battery via solar or utility

Oh wow, no, I didn't have that problem. I'd double check your settings again then...

If I recall correctly, mine would not charge fully initially. But, after the voltage dropped to the setting I had in the MPP, it would always start charging as expected. At one point, I turned the Inverter off after depleting the battery to the level to initiate a charge and left it overnight. At that point, I think it then charged fully. It seemed to be kind of unpredictable. Plus, it read a slightly lower voltage reading than what the battery actually was.

I decided not too worry to much about it, since I plan to add solar to it and hopefully it charges better off solar ?‍♂️

Are you maybe pulling too many amps when the voltage is getting low causing the BMS to shutdown?

Back