diy solar

diy solar

Please critique my proposed Van solar setup

The Kisae has a max solar input voltage of 50V which is more practical than the Renogy's 25V max limit.
I noticed that spec as significant. The Kisae should allow for 2S2P 100w 12v panels instead of the 4P required by the Renogy
One thing I like about the Renogy is that it appears to be able to charge from the Alternator and from the Solar simultaneously, where the Kisae appears to charge from one or the other , but not both, with a selectable default.

I noticed that spec as significant. The Kisae should allow for 2S2P 100w 12v panels instead of the 4P required by the Renogy
One thing I like about the Renogy is that it appears to be able to charge from the Alternator and from the Solar simultaneously, where the Kisae appears to charge from one or the other , but not both, with a selectable default.
I have decided to go a different way. I am planning on using a Victron Multiplus with a Victron Smart Solar 100/20. I am undecided on alternator charging, but I can always add a Victron Orion TR 12/24/15 Smart Charger if I find my solar panels are unable to keep up with daily power demand.

Victron does a great job of managing multiple charge sources. The Smart Solar 100/30 can handle up to 4 panels in series which simplifies wiring.

diy solar

diy solar
Back