diy solar

diy solar

Please help me understand solar system.

Daythunder

I purchased a 12V off grid 8000 watts LF by Power jack in 2017. Till date I haven’t used the inverter. I am planning to buy 12kw Huawei grid tie inverter as I heard grid tie inverters last longer to offset my power bill. Recently power outage is increasing by the day where I live. What I want to know is what would be the best way to install the system? Can I combine these two inverter so that I get uninterrupted power supply? Or should I somehow convert my off grid inverter to UPS system to achieve that goal?
I am sorry for being so illiterate in this field but any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• FD0FADB1-6BB2-4931-84B5-EEBBD1FABA30.jpeg
    FD0FADB1-6BB2-4931-84B5-EEBBD1FABA30.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 3A973A54-3BFA-4029-8786-55B1A24809E5.jpeg
    3A973A54-3BFA-4029-8786-55B1A24809E5.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 8
Grid tied inverters shut down, when the power goes out. If you are having regular power outages, this does not sound like a good investment.
If the inverter you have, can support your needs in a power outage. I would just add batteries, solar panels, and a charger.

Grid tied inverters shut down, when the power goes out. If you are having regular power outages, this does not sound like a good investment.
If the inverter you have, can support your needs in a power outage. I would just add batteries, solar panels, and a charger.
Planning on buying gridtie for the longevity and to offset the power bill as it’s getting close to 25 cents per kw.
Is there a way to add my off grid to grid tie to make it hybrid system? Or should I stick to somehow converting my off grid inverter to a UPS if possible?

Planning on buying gridtie for the longevity and to offset the power bill as it’s getting close to 25 cents per kw.
Is there a way to add my off grid to grid tie to make it hybrid system? Or should I stick to somehow converting my off grid inverter to a UPS if possible?
What are you most tying to do? Save money on your utilities or have back up power?

That looks like a website dedicated to pushing MPP products. And as far as I know, they don't offer any grid tied inverters. And as far as information, it seems to be just the opinion of a single individual.
You're better off reading threads in this forum. Multiple brands are discussed. And Multiple opinions are given. You can decide what will work best for your needs.

That looks like a website dedicated to pushing MPP products. And as far as I know, they don't offer any grid tied inverters. And as far as information, it seems to be just the opinion of a single individual.
That's Will's website I linked so as far as I know, he has no real affiliation with MPP and those are just the 3 he put up there. I do wish on that page he would show off some of the Growatts or Victrons though as they are all pretty good.

Back