diy solar

diy solar

Portable/Foldable Solar Panels for iForway HS1000?

rgbdspf

I recently bought this portable power station, and I would like to find a portable/foldable solar panel or set of solar panels that will provide the max power this device is capable of taking.

The relevant part of the manual is the line "Anderson(Solar) 12-28.5V/Max 7A ( Max 200W )" and that it contains an "Integrated MPPT charge controller".

I'm not as familiar as I'd like to be with how MPPT controllers handle voltages or currents beyond their rated capacity, so I'm not sure how to identify what would be best for my situation.

For an example, the Bluetti PV200 provides the following specs: Vmp=20.5V, Imp=9.7A, Voc=26.1V, Isc=10.3A. If I plugged this into the HS1000, would it simply cap the current at 7A, letting the voltage ride as high as it can, probably around 25V for around 175W power? Or is the process more complicated than that?

As alternative, would something like this solar panel from BougeRV with specs Vmp=25V, Imp=8.02V, Voc=31.5V, Isc=8.64A be better since it has a Voc greater than the 28.5V max that the HS1000 has?

Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree here and would need some sort of intermediary MPPT that would have the 200W from the solar panel as input and would output specifically 7A at 28.5V?

What would classify as overpanelling for this, and would it be a solution here?

Any advice or just info to help me learn is welcome.

I’d think 5is would do exactly that. It would likely trim the amps around 7, and only pull he voltage down around 23 or so…
So you won’t get the full wattage the unit can pulle.

It would likely trim the amps around 7, and only pull he voltage down around 23 or so…
Is 23V specifically for the Bluetti panel?

Since the current is simply trimmed, what would be my best bet for hitting that magic 28.5V & 7A point to get the most out of it? Would a DC-DC voltage converter work?

Is 23V specifically for the Bluetti panel?

Since the current is simply trimmed, what would be my best bet for hitting that magic 28.5V & 7A point to get the most out of it? Would a DC-DC voltage converter work?
The isc of the panel is 20.x, but can output 10ish amps. Your unit maxes out at 7A, so the panel voltage will get a little higher than ISC, but won’t climb to 28.5, since VOC is only 26. Idk how a converter would help, as it would eat watts as well.

Back