diy solar

diy solar

Portable Victron Power Station operational

My portable is wired for two 15 amp circuits so have not performed the test you asked about. Will look forward to seeing your results when you post them later.

Last edited:
My portable is wired for two 15 amp circuits so have not performed the test you asked about. Will look forward to seeing your results when you post them later.

I cracked and added another EG4 LL-S to the order. Free shipping is just too good of a deal to not buy another. Besides I think with 200ah of 48v this inverter will be happier.

Using one 48v battery today the multiplus easily started my AC unit and ran for a little while. I started charging off of shore power and plugged the air conditioner back in again. Tripped the overload. Right now my generator is putting 1500 watts into the multiplus and as soon as I try to turn the AC on it trips the overload. Maybe I just need to add the extra battery, but I sure wasn't expecting to see overload this fast.

Using one 48v battery today the multiplus easily started my AC unit and ran for a little while. I started charging off of shore power and plugged the air conditioner back in again. Tripped the overload. Right now my generator is putting 1500 watts into the multiplus and as soon as I try to turn the AC on it trips the overload. Maybe I just need to add the extra battery, but I sure wasn't expecting to see overload this fast.
Adjust the AC input of the multiplus to say 10A (assuming a 15A circuit). out of the box it will draw 30A or more

Adjust the AC input of the multiplus to say 10A (assuming a 15A circuit). out of the box it will draw 30A or more
I appreciate that, but I've done it. Out of the box it was 50. I have it sitting at 14.

Somehow it's not going into overload now...

14A is too much if your input is a generator delivering 1500W
I have a 4500 W generator with a 30 amp cord. I'm just keeping it at 14amps because I just wired in a 10 gauge extension cord to charge with.

I started at 12 amps in the generator was providing 1300 Watts input. All of these readings are coming off of my Cerbo.

Last edited:
Just a reminder. If using an outlet to change this make sure to adjust the setting on the inverter charger ac input accordingly. While my circuit is a dedicated 15 amp I turned it down to 10 amp to protect the outlet.

Last edited:
When I use my Inverter Generator for charging my battery bank with 80A, I am pulling 120V/23-25A or roughly 2700-2800W from it. This also allows for PassThrugh power which is above & beyond. Because mine is a 5500W Peak unit, that never runs it too high. Now I am using the L5:30 to connect from Genset to Powerhouse. The Samlex EVO is very efficient, much like Victron, other brands vary a lot, especially between product tier levels.

diy solar

diy solar
Back