diy solar

diy solar

Power system solution for cart business

Street Vendor King

The mobile vending cart is parked overnight at home while being plugged into the grid, in the morning the vendors will unplug from the grid and start roaming the streets to make money.

Charge set up: Grid>Outlet on Cart (A)>Inverter Charger (B)>Battery (C)
Equipment Setup: Refrigerator/water pump/food warmer 600 simultaneous watt total>custom On/Off switch for each device(D)>Inverter Charger(B)>Battery (C)

Here is where I need help: what is the best equipment for my needs? The more compact the better. I have already found a couple items myself.

A
BThere are so many invertor chargers to choose from and many have way too many features that I dont need. A 1.5kw invertor max and 40-80Amp charger is adequate.
C
DWhat would be the best switch for each seperate equipment on off switch?

Last edited:
So, you say the cart uses 600w continuous. If you use the battery you linked: 280ah x 12v= 3360wh. That would give you 5.6 hours of run time if running the battery from 100% to 0%, not including losses. If it was me I would just make it easy and get a power station with 5kwh+ and has multiple plug-ins. Something like an Ecoflow delta pro or Anker 767. You could put a solar panel on top of your cart to extend your run time.

What is your budget per cart for these systems? Are these employees using these things, or are they owned / operated by the user? If employees, you need something simple, with a no questions asked warranty, they will break anything else and you will be sorry.

diy solar

diy solar
Back