diy solar

diy solar

PowerUrus 12v 100ah batteries

Recently according to the app, charge MOS was off, full charge protection on and at 68%
That is odd behavior. FYI, my Powerurus/Roypow C146 charger puts out 14.4 volts at 10amps.

On a different note, my battery began to show 99% SOH and a capacity of 199 AH. For the first time I ran the battery down till the discharge MOS turned off and then charged it back up to 100%. The data now shows 100% SOH and 201AH Capacity.

Wondering if there are any updates on the PowerUrus battery? I was prepared to buy a couple of the 200Ah based on Will’s tear down and recommendation but the condition noted in this thread of the battery shutting off charging until a certain state of discharge is reached is concerning. Not sure if it’s a feature or a bug? I can see the rationale for having it but it would also be nice to be able to turn it off. Also saw on some of the Amazon reviews that the app can be pretty flaky and unreliable. Curious if there are any users if this battery who could share their experiences or updates!

Wondering if there are any updates on the PowerUrus battery? I was prepared to buy a couple of the 200Ah based on Will’s tear down and recommendation but the condition noted in this thread of the battery shutting off charging until a certain state of discharge is reached is concerning. Not sure if it’s a feature or a bug? I can see the rationale for having it but it would also be nice to be able to turn it off. Also saw on some of the Amazon reviews that the app can be pretty flaky and unreliable. Curious if there are any users if this battery who could share their experiences or updates!
My battery is doing well and has not disappointed. It is still showing 100% SOH. One of the flaky reviews about the app on Amazon is mine. The Roypow Fish app has never been updated. It still shows a negative amperage for charging and discharging on IOS though they change between positive and negative on Android phones. And the figures do seem to bounce around a bit before steading out when starting the app.

However I have since learned that one can use the Epoch Li-ion app instead. In my experience, it seems to be a better written IOS app and provides a little more data. The only minor downside I see is I have to select the battery among my bluetooth devices each time. The screenshot attached is from the Epoch Li-ion app, though I did scroll my screen up a bit to include the extra data at the bottom and not the large circular SOC graph at the top of the screen.

I would say my initial disappointment was I had assumed I could connect to the the battery with my home assistant program via bluetooth, but as of yet I haven't seen any battery that has been developed. (Though I still think it is possible.)

Attachments

• IMG_5038.jpg
    IMG_5038.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thanks! It's good to know the Epoch app is an alternative.

All the batteries discharged fully despite what the app said. If you want an absolute accurate read on the battery I suggest using the Victron shunt.

Thanks so much for your reviews on this battery. Do you have any correlation between the SOC the app shows and what the Victron shunt shows? I mean, is the app typically off by say 20% compared to the shunt? Or is it not linear at all?

I’d really like to avoid having to buy a shunt just to measure SOC. I mean if the app shows 20% left and the shunt shows 0%, I’m good with that, just have to remember to mentally adjust for that difference. I realize that a shunt is the only way to accurately measure SOC, but I’m not concerned about accuracy, just ballpark is good enough.

I also read that the Epoch app works a bit better.

Back