diy solar

diy solar

PowMr 24v Hybrid Inverter CAN communication hack to link to Raspberry Pi 4 Cerbo GX

There's this video
but it's not explicit enough or exactly . Here's a pic of the bottom of the PowMr hybrid inverter. If I use CAN I'm not sure what connector would fit that terminal or should I use the RS485 and only use the H and L? And if its the RS485 route, I cant figure out how he made has connections to decide on just CAN H and L. Any help greatly appreciated...

Attachments

• IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
There's this video
but it's not explicit enough or exactly . Here's a pic of the bottom of the PowMr hybrid inverter. If I use CAN I'm not sure what connector would fit that terminal or should I use the RS485 and only use the H and L? And if its the RS485 route, I cant figure out how he made has connections to decide on just CAN H and L. Any help greatly appreciated...
Did you have any luck getting the non-Victron inverter to communicate with the Cerbo GX?

I have a PowMr Hybrid inverter that I'd like to do the same with. I'm running 2x Victron MPPT Charge Controllers and 2 Victron Shunts, but can't justify spending the money on a Victron Inverter just to get that data to show up in my Cerbo GX.

Back