diy solar

diy solar

VATRER 12V 460Ah LiFePO4

I pulled off two of the black covers and here's what's underneath. Something still looks a bit off but I'm not sure enough of what's going on that I am comfortable making a video discussing. I don't believe they were sanded, but for some reason it seems the glue was removed around the code and there is black stuff on the edges of both. It looks like the area may have been polished - perhaps before etching a new code? I really don't know... Other areas of the cell have the same questionable lateral marks (3rd picture).

20240129_173208.jpg 20240129_173217.jpg 20240129_173719.jpg

The manufacturer replied twice and stated the following in reference to the question I asked and a picture I sent of the aforementioned video of B-stamped cells.
Thank you for your reply, we currently do not have B grade batteries. All battery's are eve's A grade cells.

Our QR codes are not scratched off and re-laser engraved.
The QR code in the video has scratches supposedly from a sponge or something else.

This battery was developed at the time of technical evaluation used a small batch with B characters (not meet the use of automotive battery cells, fully applicable to energy storage batteries) of the EVE clls, in October 23 mass production has been upgraded to all the A cells.

Those look to be real cells with intact QR codes, so this begs the question are these companies going to send 1 thing to reviewers/youtubers and something else if you are an average schmuck?

I mean this is the epoch battery, same cells but almost $500.00 more:

so by that sense Varter is a deal unless they send you grade B cells.

Also you have to fully clean the terminal to see for sure:

Without being able to see what is around the edges of the cell you will not be able to tell, it takes a while to clean with rubbing alcohol. See attached images only when the full area is clean can you see the parts that were sanded.

Attachments

• docan.jpg
    docan.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 16
20240209_182115.jpg 20240209_181712.jpg

See that's the thing though, mine kindof look like your docan picture. I can't get the glue off. I tried soaking it in IPA and it didn't really loosen up at all. I gave up, but I did get the cells pulled out and they look very nice. They're flat (no bulging) and all have test stickers from Oct 2023 at 232Ah. Done fiddling with them for now. I'm considering picking up another battery and building a 16s pack out of them.

I followed alkaline's advise and cleaned my cells to verify. I see he used my image of the 18650 cells. Naughty. 🫠

It takes a while but he is right they should be clear from end to end:

Attachments

• cell.jpg
    cell.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Whats your analysis after having them for a bit? Im looking at this 460ah or 2 230ah Litimes. The case and Bluetooth makes this feature rich but dont want to be buying subpar cells.

I think most off the shelf batteries are using b grade cells. There are some exceptions like trophy, certain sunfunkits etc, Victron? I'm prob missing a few.

I'm just looking for a good battery to last 5-10 years. Seems like everyone raves about the Litimes and Epoch but there is little info on the Valtrer. This one in particular looks pretty sweet feature wise but will it last 5-10 years?

My 460 came in. Shipping was 2 days. The website doesn't charge state tax vs Amazon which does. Came at 66% charge with one cell a little off, its been charging overnight with a 5 amp charger and now within .002. app immediately worked and seems fine, but it only shows 4 cells. So it must be the parallel cells hooked up to bms.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315-164013.png
    Screenshot_20240315-164013.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240316-080158.png
    Screenshot_20240316-080158.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 5
Back