diy solar

diy solar

Prepped for an EMP

Nobody gains a thing when the world is destroyed.
Some people would enjoy the feeling of being the one who destroyed a civilization. That is motive. That is gain.
Look at the July 13 shooting, did the perp gain anything? Could he have made it out alive? If he was successful it would have been a very terrible 10 months of near civil war for the country. No one truly gains there and yet it was still done.

I know, not quite the same, but there are people that do not think like you or me and love being pivotal in destruction. Yes its sick.

Last edited:
Many of us have built a lifestyle where we want to be as self sufficient as possible in a community that we are a part of (whether we like it or not). The day may come where we have to contribute to the greater good. We face the "If fate whispers to you" ""You can't withstand the storm"" and you whisper back "I am the storm"

Are you "The Storm"?

No I'm the electrician.
They call me to fix all the broken stuff after the storm.
But only after the storm because I can't stand the weather...

I have read the book as well as "One Year After", "The Final Day" and "5 Years After" (all John Matherson series) all written by author "William R. Forstchen".

All Great reads.

Those of you with solar or have a knowhow to make use of what is available to you (in the concept of American ingenuity) will survive. Not to give anything away, why didn't the survivors go the the interstate that is a short distance from Montreat NC and salvage the generators/alternators from the eighteen wheelers or salvage every battery in every vehicle that stalled/quit running on interstate 40? Bicycle/pedal power, hydroelectric or wind power.

Does each local jurisdiction have plans to use eminent domain to take charge of all gas/diesel/propane reserves within their jurisdiction (gas stations, convenience stores, propane gas sources etc) to use these resources for the survival of the community (not just the well off).

Use eminent domain to take charge of all local pharmacies and all local food sources etc.

Many of us have built a lifestyle where we want to be as self sufficient as possible in a community that we are a part of (whether we like it or not). The day may come where we have to contribute to the greater good. We face the "If fate whispers to you" ""You can't withstand the storm"" and you whisper back "I am the storm"

Are you "The Storm"?

After "The Big One" (I'm in So. CA coastal suburbia), I want to be a community asset, not a liability.

Last time the power went out for more than a few minutes, I walked the neighborhood and stopped at the homes of my elderly neighbors (I'm one too!). I let them know that if power remained out for more than a few hours that I had refrigeration available for meds, and could charge portable devices.

TV kept working .
Thermionic tubes are very resilient in the face of EM pulses and Ionizing radiation...
That's why the Soviet used them in so much of their equipment long after they were obsolete.
Cars started too!
Probably had Breaker point ignition and DC generators rather than solid state components.

Oh wait a second thats a TV show LOL....

But I did sell a lot of these.
Decent tube for home audio and guitars
1722549062134.jpeg

The easiest way to have wide spread effective EMPs is to detonate nuclear weapons in the upper atmosphere (as proven with Starfish Prime, when they were discovered). Doing so triggers a nuclear response. Who will detonate a nuke in the upper atmosphere as a first strike option, when you are going to get nuked back by the United States who is going to target your nukes and your ability to fight back (counter force, the US doctrine since the 70s, replacing MAD). Wouldn't you want to target your nukes against nukes, military assets, and command and control if that is what your adversary will be targeting?

Also, who has enough spare nukes that they can sling 10+ to detonate in the upper atmosphere to have a real effect, when they will be destroyed by our nuclear arms? All of our nuke stuff is EMP hardened, so to launch an EMP attack on the US will cause Minutemen and Tridents to come flying at you, and destroying you. If Lil Kim throws a nuke at us, his country will be decimated, and for what gain?

diy solar

diy solar
Back