diy solar

diy solar

Prismatic LFP LF32 Cell Terminals

Bryan.Cruz

Dear colleagues,

I have a question about a project/prototype that I am developing and would like to ask for your collaboration. The project requires a 48V power supply with a current of 10A for a period of time, and for that, I decided to use LF32 prismatic cells from Eve Energy. However, when I contacted the supplier on Alibaba, I was informed that these cells need to be laser welded to the terminals, which is not feasible for me at the moment.

My question is: would it be possible to drill the positive and negative poles of the cells and manually attach M4 or M6 type terminals? Would this compromise the integrity of the cells? Has anyone here done something similar or knows someone who has tried? What would be the risks involved? Is there a safer way to make this modification without damaging the cells? I would be very grateful if anyone could share any experience or knowledge on this subject.

Thank you in advance for your attention and willingness to help.​

I wouldn't. You risk drilling through to the cell.
I express no opinion on the ethics of the seller.

I wouldn't. You risk drilling through to the cell.
I express no opinion on the ethics of the seller.
Would you know another alternative for my problem?

Also, would you please indicate a good seller who has the terminals and the batteries are of low capacity like the LF32?

Go talk to your local jewelers, they have laser welding equipment and one of them might be willing to do the welds if you provide the parts.

Otherwise you're pretty screwed unless you want to weld it yourself. :oops:

Some people have had luck drilling and tapping 6mm deep holes, but others have punctured cells at the same depth. Not a good thing.

If you reach a certain number, there are many Chinese suppliers willing to turn the stud for you. Otherwise you can look for suppliers who have turned studs in stock.

Would you know another alternative for my problem?

Also, would you please indicate a good seller who has the terminals and the batteries are of low capacity like the LF32?
How many batteries are you looking for? Do you care about grade a or b?

Doucan (?sp) is mentioned here with generally positive, but mixed results. They might be able to have batteries shipped to you from China. If you don't care if you get grade b batteries, then they are fine.

Back