diy solar

diy solar

Putting the pieces together. Mexico community building

You're in BCS so my suggestion would be to discuss your needs with some of the solar dealers in La Paz. Ask around for recommendations. Then put their proposals on here for some helpful review and criticisms.

Unless you are DIY and willing to import the products from the USA one of the issues you have to deal with is what you can actually source locally and have supported. I don't imagine you're looking to drive to the USA and then pay a broker (required for value over $3k) and import duty.

You're in BCS so my suggestion would be to discuss your needs with some of the solar dealers in La Paz. Ask around for recommendations. Then put their proposals on here for some helpful review and criticisms.

Unless you are DIY and willing to import the products from the USA one of the issues you have to deal with is what you can actually source locally and have supported. I don't imagine you're looking to drive to the USA and then pay a broker (required for value over $3k) and import duty.
I’m actually based in the us and travel to Baja. We fly small planes and do free dental medical clinics. I can source the gear here and import it when we travel south. I will see what is available in La Paz. The dollar is pretty weak against the peso right now so may make sense to just but locally if I can get what I need

I’m actually based in the us and travel to Baja. We fly small planes and do free dental medical clinics. I can source the gear here and import it when we travel south. I will see what is available in La Paz. The dollar is pretty weak against the peso right now so may make sense to just but locally if I can get what I need
It pays to shop. I recently bought a bunch of 540W solar panels in Ensenada. $228 each including tax. Same panel in the USA was $343 + tax. I know you can get Schneider in La Paz as a friend in Cabo has ordered. Sorry, don't know who he bought from.

It pays to shop. I recently bought a bunch of 540W solar panels in Ensenada. $228 each including tax. Same panel in the USA was $343 + tax. I know you can get Schneider in La Paz as a friend in Cabo has ordered. Sorry, don't know who he bought from.
That seller in Ensenada has very good pricing. I have friends over here on this side of the peninsula who have bought a few pallets from them. They carry more than just panels.

As far as the strong peso goes, us ex-pats still have to exchange USD for pesos and we are really feeling the pinch. Miss the good old days when we were getting nearly 25 to 1. ATM the other day was offering less than 16 to 1.

Sorry for the absence.
I’m taking a slight turn in my thinking.
The current plan is to maximize the existing panels (and get the system up) then expand. So just the panels and inverter for now. (No batteries) The panels will generate about 5k. We will be connected to the grid yet no selling back to them at this time. 5k would be enough energy for easy days and on full scale operation it would supplement.

I want to be smart about what I buy now so I can scale it up as $ allow.

Anyone have experience/knowledge about micro inverters. Specifically Enphase IQ7 or IQ8?

As always thanks

Back