diy solar

diy solar

PV current more then Inverter recommended

saen

Is there any suggestion, what to do in case when,
PV modules provide more current then Inverter specs?

Inverter is:
Code:
Growatt 6000UE
Max PV current 10A
PV voltage range 140V-800V
Panels:
Code:
LONGi Solar LR4-72HPH-455M
Short Circuit Current (ISC)    11.66
Open Circuit Voltage (VOC)    49.5
panels are connect in series

typically not an issue. its saying that the max PV current it will draw is 10a. Voltage on the otherhand is an issue. Do not exceed the 800v. (however in the US most any wire you can get is only rated for 600v so i dont know what your going to use if your pushing above 600v)

If your in the hypotheical planning phase, your also going to have issues finding a PV disconnect that supports that high a voltage.

Is there any suggestion, what to do in case when,
PV modules provide more current then Inverter specs?

Inverter is:
Code:
Growatt 6000UE
Max PV current 10A
PV voltage range 140V-800V
Panels:
Code:
LONGi Solar LR4-72HPH-455M
Short Circuit Current (ISC)    11.66
Open Circuit Voltage (VOC)    49.5
panels are connect in series

That looks like an EU 3 phase inverter, as for the panels, the inverter will limit to 10 amps, but the panels will be at a higher voltage than vmp, losses would be in the 2-5% range from datasheet as a swag.

Ideally, since this is new, you should look for something that won't be inverter limited, but it will work, just not optimally.

This is tree phase inverter, with is more complicated then split phase in USA ;)
(we just use 230v)
Wire is 6mm² +- 8 meters from panel's to inverter
panels are rated to 1500v
There is disconnectors for 250, 500, 600, 800 and 1000V no issue to find them.

more complicated is to find compatible export limiter
SDM630MCT-MOD-MID cost is ~130€ without VAT
because the electricity company will charge me for electricity used,
if I feed energy back through the meter to the public grid, how clever

Growatt 6000UE
LR4-72HPH-455M

Last edited:
I already have this Growatt, more cheap is to use build-in modbus interface and connect it to export limiter.
Interesting, in the US, Solis is lower cost than Growatt and doesn't required extra hardware for export limiting, it also has extensive Modbus support.

Interesting, in the US, Solis is lower cost than Growatt and doesn't required extra hardware for export limiting, it also has extensive Modbus support.
May I ask how it know how energy use household to limit it's export?

And what is written in section 5.3.6 in installation manual, there is picture ;)
RTFM

p.s.
manual template is same as Growatt
Export limiter work in same way,
aka there is device direct after electric meter, with connect to inverter via modbus.

May I ask how it know how energy use household to limit it's export?

And what is written in section 5.3.6 in installation manual, there is picture ;)
RTFM

p.s.
manual template is same as Growatt
Export limiter work in same way,
aka there is device direct after electric meter, with connect to inverter via modbus.
The inverter comes with a pair of CT's that are placed on the wires feeding the main panel from the utility meter.
Modbus isn't typically used by the user, except for the it's where the wifi stick is connected. I have the modbus port connected to a TCP <--> Modbus converter and have a custom dashboard / logging I created as I like high resolution ( can do all value 1 second interval ) where as the SolarMan / wifi stick is once every 5 minutes.

Back