diy solar

diy solar

pv system

jackis69

Hello,

I am interested in installing a pv+storage system for my home and I would like to ask for your advice. I have received three quotes from different companies:

1. 12 Jinko Solar (JKM430N-54HL4R-B), Sun Synk 5kW Hybrid Inverter, and 10.64kW Sun Synk Battery Storage battery
2. 14 Longi HiMo5 405W, SolaX X1 G4 6.0D hybrid inverter, and SolaX Triple 5.8kWh battery
3. 14 Trina 425W Solar, GIV-HY5.0 GiveEnery inverter, and Giv-Bat5.2 battery

My back garden is south facing with no shade. Peak sun hours is around 2.9. My yearly electricity consumption is 4680

Jinko Solar offers a 25-year product warranty and a 30-year performance warranty, while the other two offer 15 and 25 years respectively. For the battery and inverter, all of them offer 10 years of warranty. GiveEnery also offers an additional 5 years of warranty for 200.

I am inclined to choose Jinko Solar for the solar panels, but I am not sure about the inverter and battery. I have not found many user reviews for Solax or Sun Sync. GiveEnergy has mixed reviews. What are the main factors that I should consider when comparing the inverter and battery? Do you have any recommendations based on your experience?

Also, once the system is installed I am thinking of joining the Octopus Flex tarif

Thank you for your time and help.

interested in installing a pv+storage system for my home and I would like to ask for your advice. I have received three quotes from different companies:
4680kWh annually?

“Back garden” i.e. you are in britain?

Are those quotes for installation included or DIY?

2.9 sun hours is a bit “tight” for adequate production.

I probably can’t help much beyond that for Britain / Europe.

Back