diy solar

diy solar

Pylontech Batteries

AgroVenturesPeru

I might post some photos of their printed warranty policy that comes with the US3000 battery. Under "Exclusions of Warranty" it actually says, "normal wear and tear" I knew the outlook was abysmal when the only two options in this country for LiFePo4 were Chinese and only one of them had a compatibility manual published by Victron.

I know most companies like to play the game of "Our products come with a warranty" but then give you a page of fine print that explains all the ways they've left for themselves to weasel out of it. Nonetheless, I've never actually read a warranty policy that says they don't cover "normal wear and tear." That is a new low. I'm telling Xi!

I’m not sure I see it from the same angle as you do. A warranty should cover issues that are detrimental to preference that were designed into the item ( manufacture defects). Typically items do degrade through use.
Tires for example are not expected to last for ever. Most are warranted for a specific number of miles. Also if it falls short of that you can’t expect new free tires but to be compensated for the miles that they didn’t have under the warranty.

Anecdotaly, I have not seen any warranty covering natural wear and tear on any product in the USA (save the prorated tread on tires). You want to be able to get a new item if it degrades after you used it for a couple years?

I think L.L.Bean had a return policy that people took way too much advantage of (wore out holes in the items and tried to return them). That's the closest I've seen to a warranty for wear and tear. But that gravy train was derailed some time ago.

Back