diy solar

diy solar

pylontech rs485 protocol

mnico

hello friend, i am searching the rs485 protocol of pylontech low voltage battery 48v, for add to the bms of battery system.

Hi
I need a bit of information on the Pylontech RS485 protocol - combined with the Axpert range of inverters .

We manufacture battery packs and also have a in house BMS unit that works well with CAN bus , no problem to decode that and connect the battery / bms to "any " inverter via CAN bus - the problem is that although the Voltronic - Axpert 5 kW inverters have a CAN port they only support RS485 for bms communication - as far as I know .

So we managed the RS485 protocol and we get connection between the bms and inverter .

Our battery packs are all 16 cell units - voltage thus not the "std " 48 v that the Axpert inverter expect when the type of battery is set to "PYL" in LCD program nr 5

The battery icon on the lcd will flash to indicate successful communication .

It will work like this for maybe 10 - 20 minutes and then the inverter will indicate a problem about bus voltage too high and it will switch of the load - the 3.2 v higher battery voltage should not be a problem on its own since the inverter's dc-dc control circuit is supposed to regulate the high dc bus voltage , as long as the input voltage is not out of the inverters dc input range .

It then looks as if the inverter tries to request data from more then one battery in extra groups - stuck in this mode it will not reconnect with the battery unless the inverter power is cycled .

Is there maybe somebody with a Axpert inverter with a 16 cell bms connected via RS485 - or CAN that can help me with this ?
Even better - if somebody can maybe capture the RS485 serial data from switch on - and a few seconds after . There might be a problem
with our startup sequence .

Regards
Nico

Don't Pylontech batteries only have 15 cells. Bulk setting 52.8v. 16 cell batteries expect 58.4v.
I don't know if this relevant

Hi
I need a bit of information on the Pylontech RS485 protocol - combined with the Axpert range of inverters .

We manufacture battery packs and also have a in house BMS unit that works well with CAN bus , no problem to decode that and connect the battery / bms to "any " inverter via CAN bus - the problem is that although the Voltronic - Axpert 5 kW inverters have a CAN port they only support RS485 for bms communication - as far as I know .

So we managed the RS485 protocol and we get connection between the bms and inverter .

Our battery packs are all 16 cell units - voltage thus not the "std " 48 v that the Axpert inverter expect when the type of battery is set to "PYL" in LCD program nr 5

The battery icon on the lcd will flash to indicate successful communication .

It will work like this for maybe 10 - 20 minutes and then the inverter will indicate a problem about bus voltage too high and it will switch of the load - the 3.2 v higher battery voltage should not be a problem on its own since the inverter's dc-dc control circuit is supposed to regulate the high dc bus voltage , as long as the input voltage is not out of the inverters dc input range .

It then looks as if the inverter tries to request data from more then one battery in extra groups - stuck in this mode it will not reconnect with the battery unless the inverter power is cycled .

Is there maybe somebody with a Axpert inverter with a 16 cell bms connected via RS485 - or CAN that can help me with this ?
Even better - if somebody can maybe capture the RS485 serial data from switch on - and a few seconds after . There might be a problem
with our startup sequence .

Regards
Nico

there is a document available from Voltronic, who describe which part of the pylon protocol, they are using. PM me I'll send it to you.

just google it and you will find it easily
Hi Sergea .
Thanks for the reply .
I have the RS 485 communication protocol from Voltronic - ( Ellis /Lory/ Jenny 2020/03/25 ) and for Pylontech Ver 3.3 2018/08/21

Maybe there are newer documents available .

We have connection via RS485 but it is not stable - it will drop communication and then the inverter will change the group / battery pack settings and then will not connect again -

Any possible help ?
Regards

Nico

Did you implement the full pylon protocol or only the subset used by theirs inverter?
What I will suggest is to capture the commands send by your inverter to the bms until the failure, then you can easy replay it on the bms.

I don't have a pylon battery to do capture, and my seplos RS485 bms, still waiting 2 cells to be delivered.

Use this lib to test your bms response, https://github.com/Frankkkkk/python-pylontech and compare it to uc2000/3000 response.

Some test pdu => https://github.com/meteosat007/solar-pylontech

You may use their monitor.rb console to check your bms response also https://github.com/celsworth/lxp-pylon-utils

Attachments

• BMS 485 communication protocol 20200219.pdf
    305.8 KB · Views: 488
Hi Sergea
Thanks again for the reply.

I wont say we implemented the full protocol but we have what we need to put the inverter in a semi happy state - our test of success is the blinking battery icon on the display - We do not have access to a proper Pylontech battery to capture and or compare data. I think it has to do with the initial startup data sent between inv and bms - enough to make inv working but not non stop.

We will have a look at the links / files that you supplied .

We are now starting with the JK 100 and 200 A bms units - We have RS 485 data from the BMS flowing - but we have a problem to send other control commands to the BMS - We send a command as explained in the RS485 protocol document and the bms does confirm the msg but nothing happens - our test is the balancing mode activate / de activate command as an example - anybody with a few working tested JK BMS RS485 control commands willing to share ?

We then managed to read and test a few control commands via the BT serial channel - that works but the BT channel is not active if the BT link to a phone APP is not active - so not working for us now .

We cant find any examples of RS485 commands to the bms in the protocol files - except for the read-all command .
The idea is to have full control - parameter setting of the bms via the RS485 port .

Kind regards
Nico

Hi Sergea
Thanks again for the reply.

I wont say we implemented the full protocol but we have what we need to put the inverter in a semi happy state - our test of success is the blinking battery icon on the display - We do not have access to a proper Pylontech battery to capture and or compare data. I think it has to do with the initial startup data sent between inv and bms - enough to make inv working but not non stop.

We will have a look at the links / files that you supplied .

We are now starting with the JK 100 and 200 A bms units - We have RS 485 data from the BMS flowing - but we have a problem to send other control commands to the BMS - We send a command as explained in the RS485 protocol document and the bms does confirm the msg but nothing happens - our test is the balancing mode activate / de activate command as an example - anybody with a few working tested JK BMS RS485 control commands willing to share ?

We then managed to read and test a few control commands via the BT serial channel - that works but the BT channel is not active if the BT link to a phone APP is not active - so not working for us now .

We cant find any examples of RS485 commands to the bms in the protocol files - except for the read-all command .
The idea is to have full control - parameter setting of the bms via the RS485 port .

Kind regards
Nico
Not all the specification is available for JK bms, but there's enough to translate it to pylon protocol. Someone already wrote a pylon CANBUS converter for jk bms. Thrre are many resoucess available on github about jkbms. lib.

Hello !
I try to build a DIY battery with BMS. I have problem with comunication to Deye hybrid inverter. Deye send to me frames with CID2 = 42,44,47,92. I have documentation with 2.8 and 3.3 version, but need examples for CID2's (44,47,92).
Anyone can help me ?

...but need examples for CID2's (44,47,92).
Anyone can help me ?
I am working on a Pylon implementation at the moment. From other web documents it appears, I have not tested.

44H Get alarm info
47H Get system parameter, fixed point
92H Get charge, discharge management info

Hope that helps.

diy solar

diy solar
Back