diy solar

diy solar

query on SRNE reset times.

dpower

I have a 3KV SRNE hybrid controller which i monitor with an online datalogger. The info from the datalogger is good, however at 6PM the data for the days' info resets to zero. I am wondering if anyone has the same issues, and would disconnecting/reconnecting: the panels, AC input and the DC battery at midnight reset this? thanks for info.

I have a 3KV SRNE hybrid controller which i monitor with an online datalogger. The info from the datalogger is good, however at 6PM the data for the days' info resets to zero. I am wondering if anyone has the same issues, and would disconnecting/reconnecting: the panels, AC input and the DC battery at midnight reset this? thanks for info.
Isn't China a 6 hour time difference?

Have you heard of Solar Assistant?

For most SRNE inverters Solar Assistant can be connected to the Wifi dongle port in place of the Wifi dongle. You will need an RS485 to USB converter. Your inverter manual should (hopefully) give you a pinout of the Wifi port. Normally pins 1 and 2 are ground and +5vdc for dongle power and pins 7&8 are the RS485 bus.

For most SRNE inverters Solar Assistant can be connected to the Wifi dongle port in place of the Wifi dongle. You will need an RS485 to USB converter. Your inverter manual should (hopefully) give you a pinout of the Wifi port. Normally pins 1 and 2 are ground and +5vdc for dongle power and pins 7&8 are the RS485 bus.
Hello, sorry to intrude on the thread, but what converter do you recommend

I use a spare ethernet patch cable, cut the RJ45 connector off one end, strip two to three inches of the outer insulation and select the pair of wires I need depending on which pins of the Inverter or BMS I need to use.

For a normal cable pins 1 & 2 are the orange/white and orange. Pins 7 & 8 are the brown/white and brown. I even at times use several of the wire pairs in the same cable.

Holding the RJ45 connector with the pins up and facing you (the latch/lock is facing away from you) pin 1 will be on the left and pin 8 on the right.

I use these as you can never tell which two pins in a pre-made cable connect to the RS485 converter in the molded USB end.

RS485Converter.jpg

This is the amazon link to the converters in the picture
RS485 to USB

Hi thank you for your reply. I have a HF2430S80-H inverter and I have a problem communicating with the Solar Assistant. The USB communication port, the output such as in the printer, does not work properly. I want to connect the inverter via Rs485 and we will see
Zrzut ekranu_7-2-2024_183210_www.manualslib.com.jpeg

Hi thank you for your reply. I have a HF2430S80-H inverter and I have a problem communicating with the Solar Assistant. The USB communication port, the output such as in the printer, does not work properly. I want to connect the inverter via Rs485 and we will see
View attachment 194079
Are you using the beta release of SA?
What issues are you having with USB?

I'm using Beta and I have a constant problem with the usbZrzut ekranu_7-2-2024_185349_marekf.eu.solar-assistant.io.jpegZrzut ekranu_7-2-2024_192156_marekf.eu.solar-assistant.io.jpeg

Last edited:
The RS485 port is not a dedicated BMS port. Pins 1 & 2 are +5V and Ground, do not use. Pins 5 and 6 are CAN.
You want to use Pins 7&8 (7 is RS485-A, Pin 8 is RS485-B). See page 31
See my reply above for the converter.
You can also test this with a computer if you have the software for managing this Inverter.

I use a spare ethernet patch cable, cut the RJ45 connector off one end, strip two to three inches of the outer insulation and select the pair of wires I need depending on which pins of the Inverter or BMS I need to use.

For a normal cable pins 1 & 2 are the orange/white and orange. Pins 7 & 8 are the brown/white and brown. I even at times use several of the wire pairs in the same cable.

Holding the RJ45 connector with the pins up and facing you (the latch/lock is facing away from you) pin 1 will be on the left and pin 8 on the right.

I use these as you can never tell which two pins in a pre-made cable connect to the RS485 converter in the molded USB end.

View attachment 193911

This is the amazon link to the converters in the picture
RS485 to USB
Thank you very much. I bought the converter and SolarAssistant is working fine. Thanks again and best regards from Polish

Depending on your batteries another converter may allow you to also monitor all the batteries as individual batteries.

Back