diy solar

diy solar

Power up review PowMR (SRNE) POW-LVM3K-24V-H

I could not resist picking up another of these PowMr high voltage 3kW AIO's since I found it for sale at $365 at Ebay. That is almost a $100 less than the one I bought to start this review.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3048376887...-b677-a6dd0090577b|iid:1|vlpname:vlp_homepage

I will now retire my EAsun lower PV voltage AIO's entirely and rewire #2 and #3 PV arrays together feeding the new one to get the voltage high enough. Not sure what if anything I will do with the 2 old EAsun AIO's. Likely they will sit in my storage building until after my death. It would have been interesting to see just how long they would have worked. Maybe I will offered for free to anyone local enough to come get them.

I had contemplated jumping up to a split phase and 48vDC setup. But for my use I am finding no compelling need. I do like the potential with the higher PV voltage of my new ones to have a future panel upgrade option. My mostly 100w mismatched brand panels are rather ad-hoc.

Spent the morning removing the last EAsun 3kW AIO and replaced it with the new PowMr. Wiring Array #2 and #3 together was fun as I had to figure out how to connect in series 6-200w panels (Array #2) at a distance to a group of 4-100w panels plus a broken glass 200w (Array #3). My tentative arrangement to do so was to parallel 2 each 100w panels with the 200w panel. Which are series connecting with another 2-100w panels in parallel. The total are the equivalent to 8 in series 200w panels. The Voc came in at 176-180vDC which was where it should be so I guess everything is hooked properly.

Quite a process removing the old and installing the new and making sure no steps were left out and everything is tight. Also had to go through all the settings and put in the ones I need. It is up and running now so the power on explosion test was satisfactory and it is feeding the home Main transfer control panel. At least the microwave worked and my coffee is reheated.

Now is monitoring operation time and picking up all the tools and construction debris.

2/29 Edit: After a few days of running the 2nd PowMr it seems to be working quite well. It, like the first one, does not accurately report incoming PV wattage. With a clamp on and volt meter I am finding it is reporting about 150w to 250w low at peak PV. I will say that going to a higher voltage setup and also the better MPPT algorithm this AIO is better at capturing more wattage than the EAsun did. Overall I am pleased with the change.

Attachments

• P1010053.JPG
    P1010053.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I emailed PowMR regarding connecting to the inverter for the monitoring data and this was the response I got:

Dear customer,
Please double check are you asking this inverter?
https://powmr.com/products/all-in-o...000w-110vac-24vdc?_pos=1&_sid=818fc1e7e&_ss=r
If so, this is my answer for your question.
Is it possible to use 3rd party software to connect to the unit to monitor any data that are output? ---Yes,

If so, which communication port allows this (RS485, CAN, USB)-----RS485 port is designed to connect the inverter’s WIFI module, the WIFI-HF

https://powmr.com/products/powmr-wifi-module-wifi-hf-plug07?_pos=1&_sid=095a6b507&_ss=r
I was told that ipower is the software that was developed to monitor the unit's output. Is there any documentation on this software so I can see system requirements? -----
This is the ipower
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FCJUElb_3fPJuy-vWpfCaCMwyfkJn477?usp=sharing
Is this unit compatible with home assistant or solar assistant? ----No, it has its corresponding remote monitor app and PC software.
does this unit perform cold temperature shut off for lithium ion batteries? ----Yes.
Kind Regards,
Ada

I am on my work PC now so I will not click the google drive link to see whats in it. will do later

I emailed PowMR regarding connecting to the inverter for the monitoring data and this was the response I got:

I am on my work PC now so I will not click the google drive link to see whats in it. will do later
I would say they are completely wrong about SA and HA... Seems they want the data / monitoring phoning home...

Looking at the manual it appears that
RS485-1: Pin 1 is 5V power supply, Pin 2 is GND, Pin 7 is RS485-A1, and Pin 8 is RS485-B1;
RS485-2: Pin 1 is 5V power supply, Pin 2 is GND, Pin 7 is RS485-A2, and Pin 8 is RS485-B2;

Pins 7&8 via an RS485 to USB Converter should work with SA (I assume SRNE Protocol selected in SA).
Pins 1&2 are power for the Wifi dongle.

Looking at the manual it appears that
RS485-1: Pin 1 is 5V power supply, Pin 2 is GND, Pin 7 is RS485-A1, and Pin 8 is RS485-B1;
RS485-2: Pin 1 is 5V power supply, Pin 2 is GND, Pin 7 is RS485-A2, and Pin 8 is RS485-B2;

Pins 7&8 via an RS485 to USB Converter should work with SA (I assume SRNE Protocol selected in SA).
Pins 1&2 are power for the Wifi dongle.
yeah. that is kind of what I thought. I wonder if the SRNE protocol is compatible with home assistant.

yeah. that is kind of what I thought. I wonder if the SRNE protocol is compatible with home assistant.
SA to HA using MQTT might work. There are also a number of SRNE or SungoldPower inverter SA or HA lashups discussed in this forum. Just do a search to find what others have done

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311-120837.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311-120837.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 3
Back