diy solar

diy solar

Power up review PowMR (SRNE) POW-LVM3K-24V-H

Something to be aware of. This high voltage AIO does put 62.5vAC out on the PV wires. It can lead to a hot panel frame if that frame is not electrically connected to other frames. Many of my panels are mounted to metal poles but I did have a few that were on wood based racks and those when measured to the pole mount ones is where my DMM measured the 62.5vAC. it is of a very low amperage though that would not light up a small test bulb. But I did get shocked the other day when trying to hook up my shunt and not completely de-energizing the AIO. (Pretty dumb to not always check a circuit dead before working on it).

My solution was to wire the frame of the panels that are wood mounted ones to the frame of the nearby metal poll mounted ones.

Something to be aware of. This high voltage AIO does put 62.5vAC out on the PV wires. It can lead to a hot panel frame if that frame is not electrically connected to other frames. Many of my panels are mounted to metal poles but I did have a few that were on wood based racks and those when measured to the pole mount ones is where my DMM measured the 62.5vAC. it is of a very low amperage though that would not light up a small test bulb. But I did get shocked the other day when trying to hook up my shunt and not completely de-energizing the AIO. (Pretty dumb to not always check a circuit dead before working on it).

My solution was to wire the frame of the panels that are wood mounted ones to the frame of the nearby metal poll mounted ones.
Isnt your aio ac out ground cable bonded to an earth rod driven down into the ground ? I _think_ ac out ground and aio chassi ground plug is bonded internally so you can connect ground cable between that and earth rod

Isnt your aio ac out ground cable bonded to an earth rod driven down into the ground ? I _think_ ac out ground and aio chassi ground plug is bonded internally so you can connect ground cable between that and earth rod
The AIO has a chassis ground that hooks to my house ground. It is NG bonded when operating from inverter and uses the Main panel NG bond when in Bypass. None of these should be connected to the PV input. How it gets the AC voltage on them is a function of the AIO's electronics and is beyond my level of knowledge to explain the path.

The AIO has a chassis ground that hooks to my house ground. It is NG bonded when operating from inverter and uses the Main panel NG bond when in Bypass. None of these should be connected to the PV input. How it gets the AC voltage on them is a function of the AIO's electronics and is beyond my level of knowledge to explain the path.
Just checked my unit. It has battery negative, Ac n and ac ground bonded to earth rod. My pv negative and above mentioned have 100v ac potential and 200v dc potential between them.

On epever charge controllers pv negative in and battery negative out are bonded but aparantly they are not on these powmr units.

Maybe a bond between pv negative and battery negative should be made?

Just checked my unit. It has battery negative, Ac n and ac ground bonded to earth rod. My pv negative and above mentioned have 100v ac potential and 200v dc potential between them.

On epever charge controllers pv negative in and battery negative out are bonded but aparantly they are not on these powmr units.

Maybe a bond between pv negative and battery negative should be made?
I don't have enough electronic knowledge to know if that would be a good idea or not especially with a high voltage MPPT type SCC. A PWM it likely is the default arrangement.

I don't have enough electronic knowledge to know if that would be a good idea or not especially with a high voltage MPPT type SCC. A PWM it likely is the default arrangement.
Im not doing that either. Its some weird
The manual said that the aio housing is hot during use and not to touch it.. ? not sure if they meant hot as in it is energized or just hot as in temperature

How is your powmr treating you sofar @Mattb4 ?

Mines doing just fine when it comes to running my household.

The SRNE pc monitoring software tho did not want to work with my rs485-usb cable but worked fine with usb a-b cable.
Data collecting is a bit wonky and get stuck if you work with to many tabs at once in the SRNE app.

I am having no issues. The MPPT in it is better that the one in the EAsun I replaced. The AIO's fan is quieter and it runs my household loads nicely with 7-8 hours of A/C during these near 100F days. I would consider replacing my #2 EAsun AIO with another PowMr one other that it is working plenty good enough itself. Plus I do have the spare available if it decides to stop.

I do not bother with monitoring my units other than the PV shunts and din rail AC power meters with local readouts.

Me too, but the eventual arrival of an EV will mean more consumption and the need for more than ~1600W of offset powered by a small 1.1kW DC-coupled array.

I’ve learned a great deal over the past 3 years with my 24V system but I think I’m ready to move up to 48V.

That allows for higher-powered inverters with more headroom which has always been the case, but what has changed is the arrival of the Chargeverter (actually the 48V Emerson rectifier in my case).

That allows me to convert my DC-coupled 3P1S array to AC-coupled with Microinverters and absorb the energy I don’t want getting exported to grid rather than attempting to throttle Microinverter output.

Then I can add a new 1P6S array to keep the battery fully-charged and the new off-grid inverter happy 9 months out of the year with the Chargeverter / rectifier to get the battery through the night even on rainy winter days for the last 3 months.

I’ve been offsetting using two 24VDC GTIL inverters but want to move to a true offgrid system powering ~60% of daily consumption (fridges & freezers).

The Conext SW would have allowed me to stay at 24VDC but I would have had to add a separate HV SCC plus if offers no headroom for future expansion so it does not seem attractive.
I've tested a 12 volt system and next one planning for is 48 volt DC.

Think before to deal with SRNE company.
Very Bad experiance with Sales people , Very bad communication skills and very bad attitude. It's too risky to deal with such people. you can't get support from such people, Internet is full of their companies bad reviews. check facebook.
You can find some other companies for solar products

Think before to deal with SRNE company.
Very Bad experiance with Sales people , Very bad communication skills and very bad attitude. It's too risky to deal with such people. you can't get support from such people, Internet is full of their companies bad reviews. check facebook.
You can find some other companies for solar products
Any more details on your bad experience Cindy?
I've had a great experience dealing direct with their Alibaba store, sales agents were quick to respond and answered any technical questions that I had with in 1 day. I haven't had any needs for support yet and hopefully ever.

What type of setup are you running for in NYC, panels on top of a skyscraper?

i am following here to find more about the Srne 10Kw AIO. Have not seen any comparison with the EG4 inverters. I'm currently using two EG4 3kw hybrid inverters in parallel and need more output capacity and like the idea one unit that does 240V. I have no other personal frame of reference for inverters other than a junk Ecoflow 3000 that died in 18 months. also the re-badged ones on Amazon, a Y&H is mentioned, but I only see a non split version there .

Last edited:
How is your powmr treating you sofar @Mattb4 ?

Mines doing just fine when it comes to running my household.

The SRNE pc monitoring software tho did not want to work with my rs485-usb cable but worked fine with usb a-b cable.
Data collecting is a bit wonky and get stuck if you work with to many tabs at once in the SRNE app.
where can you get this software i can't find it?

Because of weather forcing grid charge and recent changes to my setup I have discovered a thing to be aware of. The setting (28) for max AC charge current is inaccurate by exactly 5 amps. It charges at 5a more than any setting you make. Ex. set 28 for 20a you will charge from AC at 25a instead. If running off a generator and limited power it is something to allow for. Not sure if everyone with this model experiences this.

Reactions: mib
Yeah I'm thinking about replacing my srne 24 volt 100vdc solar input for the higher voltage units so I can string my panels instead of paralleling so many. Might do that later this year I've got other expenses but I may even buy the PowMr unit although srne volunteered to sell me direct with air shipping and srne labeled one for a few bucks cheaper from China of course

Yeah I spent a bit of time downloading manuals from different resellers websites that had the appearance of the srne inverters and quite frequently you would find the SR any model number somewhere in the manual

I thought about trying to build a little table database of known resellers for the particular models but realize that there is a ton of smaller resellers out there also

For example mine is from a company called popsail... You won't find very many of those floating around but it is just the srne24 volt HF inverter

Yeah I'm thinking about replacing my srne 24 volt 100vdc solar input for the higher voltage units so I can string my panels instead of paralleling so many. Might do that later this year I've got other expenses but I may even buy the PowMr unit although srne volunteered to sell me direct with air shipping and srne labeled one for a few bucks cheaper from China of course
Advantages/disadvantages to the higher PV inverter. One thing I will say is the MPPT sweep for the higher PV SRNE voltage units is better than the original 100Voc model. It does not have the annoying drop to zero every 15 minutes. I wonder if the new models of the lower voltage units have corrected that now.

Both my PowMr and the EAsun AIO's are still plugging along.

Advantages/disadvantages to the higher PV inverter. One thing I will say is the MPPT sweep for the higher PV SRNE voltage units is better than the original 100Voc model. It does not have the annoying drop to zero every 15 minutes. I wonder if the new models of the lower voltage units have corrected that now.

Both my PowMr and the EAsun AIO's are still plugging along.
Both -100 units still going strong

Back