diy solar

diy solar

Quietest type of large powerful fan at low rmp with a speed controller

jedics

Tiny House Truck Life
Hi people,

Ive been testing 300mm fans, 240v ac and 24v dc of different types and ALL of them have an annoying Hum or high pitched whine at low rpm on a speed controller. It was suggested to me that brushless motor fans might work better but it was also suggested to me that dc fans would work better but they are just as annoying.... I intend to have air being brought into my truck at a gentle quiet rate nearly all the time but also want to crank it up for use with an evaporative aircon I will make for summer.

Any suggestions or those with experience with brushless fans?

I don't know if this example is anything close to usable for your application but... virtually any way you can put a fan into a foam lined enclosure will help a lot with the noise.

I have gotten good results baffling these 9 inch fans inside a foam lined 5 gallon bucket. The buckets are easy to cut and you can duct them with dryer vent kits, etc.

I use AC Infinity fans, have 120VAC ones & USB ones with controllers. These ARE silent and very well made fans too. Some "may" look like cheaper computer type box fans but they are Far From It ! ball bearings no rollers, die cast housings not plastic.. and more... They have a wide variety for all sorts of applications and TBH they are well priced for what they are, actually under priced given the quality, but don't tell them that.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, will check out the infinity fans for sure, didn't know about them.

diy solar

diy solar
Back