diy solar

diy solar

Ready to install in 3 weeks - general questions

RAA

Good morning,

Lots of questions as I am going to install soon

Here is the inverter I have as listed and linked above from a year ago
- Built-in MPPT solar charger max 120A and utility battery charger max 120A, Max PV input 250V (Voc) ,Dual PV input

Here are the panels I have
https://www.solarfeeds.com/product/all-black-aion60g1-330/

(20) ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS AION60G1-330Nominal maximum powerMaximum power voltageMaximum power currentOpen-circuit voltage

Series fuse rating is 20A
330 watt panels

Maximum System
Voltage 1500 V
Maximum system voltage - what is this? max panels in series?

(V)Imp 9.76

(A)Voc 41.31 - 2 strings of 5 panels in series = 208 (approx) per string running to one input? (says 250VdC max per input so I could run 6 but I only have 20 panels) 2 strings of 5 panels in series using a branch connector connecting both series to one line to run back to the inverter = 208? per input giving approx 6,000 watts

What size copper line from the branch connector to the inverter? 20-30feet run to the inverter - 10 gauge?

The length of run back to the inverter is 20-30 feet - from the branch connector can I run 10 gauge copper 20-30 feet?

Isc Short-circuit current 10.37 - 5 panels in series would bring this to 52 (approx) thus requiring an in line fuse to each panel?

Can I use a 20amp in line fuse on each panel (red positive line) just before that panels MC4 connector?

Maximum system voltage 1500v - what is this? max panels in series?

What are some in line fuse suggestions?

THANK YOU!!!

Maximum system voltage 1500v - what is this? max panels in series?

It's looks like the maximum solar input voltage , 1500v is VERY high , are you sure it's not 150v ?

Isc Short-circuit current 10.37 - 5 panels in series would bring this to 52 (approx) thus requiring an in line fuse to each panel?

Panels in series add their voltage together , the amps stay the same

You could have 100x 10amp panels in series it would still be 10 amps

Parallel is the opposite,... keeps the same voltage, adds the amps together

That was what the PDF has for the panels

Maximum Rating​

Maximum System
Voltage
1500 V
Series Fuse Rating
20 A

Thermal Rating​

Thanks! Im guessing it would be safer to run a fuse at every panels + but more expensive?

Do you think the 10 gauge will work for the run to the inverter?

That was what the PDF has for the panels

Maximum Rating​

Maximum System
Voltage
1500 V
Series Fuse Rating
20 A

Thermal Rating​

Oh ! That is the maximum voltage your panels can be stringed together for , nothing to do with your inverter

Thanks! Im guessing it would be safer to run a fuse at every panels + but more expensive?

Do you think the 10 gauge will work for the run to the inverter?

You only have to fuse solar panels if you have them in parallel

Not sure about cable size , use this calculator

diy solar

diy solar
Back