diy solar

diy solar

Rebel 48v Battery Bank... help... ** THANKS FOR THE HELP ALL! *** problem solved

yachtdr22

Greetings all,
I have a 20kW Panel system into a Paralleled pair of Sol-Ark 15kW
with 5) 48v x 100a ReBel batteries. (2mos old)
I need another 200a of battery and ReBel are not available.
I am kinda BMS ignorant and have been reading up.
I wanted to add 2) of another brand but have been told that I can not mix BMS's ??
I am thinking my only choice now is to cut apart one of the batteries (I already had to bust one open for a failed Bluetooth switch which disabled the battery)
to identify the exact cells and get the same BMS ?
Suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Drew

Last edited:
Same battery chemistry and same module size shouldn’t be an issue with different brands, IF all are tied to a common bussbar appropriately sized and fused.

I don't know about the 48v ones but Rebel uses JBD on other batteries. Including a 48v test run of rackmounts.

Perhaps @ashelby can chime in, as the datasheet for the 48v hasn't been posted yet.

It has taken Aric 2 weeks to respond and he has said they have no more in stock and no more on order.
I know this is the BMS because of a failed Switch.

Attachments

• 20221029_085328.jpg
    20221029_085328.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 4
Same battery chemistry and same module size shouldn’t be an issue with different brands, IF all are tied to a common bussbar appropriately sized and fused.
I am not sure of the battery chemistry. yes, all bussbar connected. w/ 100a protection for each battery
I think today project will be to dissect the one already opened up for cell identification

It has taken Aric 2 weeks to respond and he has said they have no more in stock and no more on order.
That’s a JBD BMS.
Did you have those batteries connected to master inverter?

You do not have to run all batteries closed loop with a cable from battery to BMS.

You can use any LIFEPO4 48V battery and run Voltage control from inverter if you can’t get them to communicate Closes loop.

Last edited:
That’s a JBD BMS.
Did you have those batteries connected to master inverter?
5x 48v / 100a to bussbar (Paralleling the bank) out to both Sol-Ark inverters as per their diagrams.
You do not have to run all batteries closed loop with a cable from battery to BMS.
Please explain? The Rebel batteries have only BT connection, no communication to inverter
You can use any LIFEPO4 48V battery and run Voltage control from inverter if you can get them to communicate Closes loop.

5x 48v / 100a to bussbar (Paralleling the bank) out to both Sol-Ark inverters as per their diagrams.

Please explain? The Rebel batteries have only BT connection, no communication to inverter
Then you have nothing to worry about. Just get another 48v 200ah battery from like Trophy and put it in parallel with the others.

Sound like you are using voltage control now since you don’t have batteries connected to the inverters via Can or 485.

Last edited:
Look at your battery settings in your Master inverter.

Does is have BMS checked or not?

Does it have battery Voltage checked?

I am NOT using BMS communications. I am using the Voltage & % of charge.
It’s usually one or the other. % or voltage.
Only one can be checked in the inverter.

You should be ok to add another battery in parallel then.

Back