diy solar

diy solar

REC-A BMS and Contactors/Pre-Charge/Etc.

TAS CPA

Looking at the plans of others and also at REC's schematics, it looks like there should be two contactors. Is this correct? If yes, does my plan show them in the correct locations? Before doing the work to add the pre-charge and individual wires, would like to know what you think.

Thanks!
Beautiful Plan v12 REC.jpg

Really appreciate this. I'm stuck with my Overkills for the remainder of this season, but will take a closer look at my REC A stash when my new cells go into "Production" after this RV season is over. Will surely come back for advice on how you have yours programmed! So, next time you go into your setup, please save a screenshot....

Really appreciate this. I'm stuck with my Overkills for the remainder of this season, but will take a closer look at my REC A stash when my new cells go into "Production" after this RV season is over. Will surely come back for advice on how you have yours programmed! So, next time you go into your setup, please save a screenshot....
I have some highlights in my manual and some notes because it wasn't clear at all how to get it working correctly. Some of the Cerbo settings need to be different from the manual... took me some trial and error to get it all right, but it has been working great for months now. I just added solar to it and everything is performing well with the REC.

I have some highlights in my manual and some notes because it wasn't clear at all how to get it working correctly. Some of the Cerbo settings need to be different from the manual... took me some trial and error to get it all right, but it has been working great for months now. I just added solar to it and everything is performing well with the REC.
Yeah, that's why I went with the Overkills when I just ran out of time and had to get temporary batteries ready to go. Overkills are plug and play, but don't play as well with Victron, let alone 1120AH of batteries!

Yeah, that's why I went with the Overkills when I just ran out of time and had to get temporary batteries ready to go. Overkills are plug and play, but don't play as well with Victron, let alone 1120AH of batteries!
I can definitely help you out. Might also be easier if we got on the phone and talk through it when the time comes.

Appreciate it and will definitely reach out. Probably won't make it to the top of my list until late November or early December.

When using the Canbus to allow control of Victron components by the ABMS, you need two for the entire system to operate properly.
Hi, late to this, but surely you can take the DC feed off the lynx distributor and do away with the second feed, contactor and fuse that bypasses the distributor?

Thanks inadvance

Back